• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jason

McLeish lake info

jason

Hello everyone, im thinking of going to McLeish lake for the opener, its gonna be my first time on the lake, I usually go home to Dryden but thought I might as well try something new, because im trying to learn the area. Wondering if any of you knowledgable fishmen can give me pointers for this lake and if its hard to find the boat launch. Thanks.

jason.

Guest TheBeaver12
Hello everyone, im thinking of going to McLeish lake for the opener, its gonna be my first time on the lake, I usually go home to Dryden but thought I might as well try something new, because im trying to learn the area. Wondering if any of you knowledgable fishmen can give me pointers for this lake and if its hard to find the boat launch. Thanks.

jason.

Mcleish lake, ( on the armstrong highway) is very close to Hicks lake(I have a camp there) about 1-3km before Hicks. I have never fished it but I hear this fishing is similar to Hicks. Lots of smaller walleyes. I would try fishing on drop offs around points if it is anything like Hicks lake, that is where they should be. As for the boat launch, We took a drive one day to do some exploring, they have a good sized public landing I do not recall if there is a lake sign so stay sharp! To find it there are few roads that spring off to the left on the highway, the first few go to camps and one of them forks to the boat launch (dont remember wich way)... if you see Ors Place (the store on the right, big clearing, cant miss it.) you have gone to far. the turn off to the launch is a bit before the store.

Hope this helps but I have not actually fished there, so you might have to do some searching.

As for me if the weather is good I will fish Hicks lake Fri night-Sat and head up to Cheesmen Lake on Sunday. Good luck.

jason

Thanks alot, any info helps.

CaddisMan
Thanks alot, any info helps.

Hey, how about you follow me there on Saturday. I'm leaving the hangar by noon. Red Mazda truck pulling a 16' Lund with 25 Merc. :lol:

jason

Hey, how about you follow me there on Saturday. I'm leaving the hangar by noon. Red Mazda truck pulling a 16' Lund with 25 Merc. :lol:

[/quo

Maybe.

unbedable

I have a camp on this lake. Went out this past tues, and there was only 10 feet of open water. I guess the temperatures have warmed up a little, excluding the snow on Sat! I had to leave my car on the camp road because I couldn't drive my car through the snow. As for fishing, I was out quite a bit in the fall, because I just like to sit in the boat, but it got hit hard all summer. It seemed because of that, the majority of fish were under 10 inches, or small northerns. It seems to be an evening lake, but so are all of the walleye lakes up that way. This probably doesn't help much, but like I said, I have a camp on the lake... :P

Guest TheBeaver12

I was at my camp saturday at hicks and the ice is all gone...

Hicks lake walleyes are about 10 inches as well, it is hard to find decent eaters, it too is a evening lake...

the two lakes must be connected, do you know if there is a river anywhere?

JustMe

The river crosses Highway 527 just before Orr's store.

mikejson

jason.

The road in is the first left(a few hundred feet) past the 1km sign for Or's store. Stay to the right at all times and you'll hit a big "turn around" opening, the road past that is the boat launch. It's about 100ft long of a road, narrow, and a ton of goof balls like to part their trucks along the side of the road after they launch(instead if driving up to the turn around area).

Anyway, the lake itself has been fished hard for the last many years. Most walleye are running the low teens in size. The areas that I know of in there are down the lake, from the launch by the islands infront of the last set of camps. Watch yourself, just coming out of the launch to go left down the lake, it's extremely shallow straight left, you have to make a looping turn. Once you get to the islands(I think there is 2 side by side), one of the sides of the islands(don't recall which) is extremely shallow and rocky. I've also heard(but never fished) down the back side of the lake... I have no clue what it is like back there though.

Good luck!