• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Snotrocket

Biggest Fish???

Snotrocket

Just checking what is the biggest fish you have ever caught? Freshwater would have to be a 42" sturgeon from Black sturgeon(didn't have a scale), and In salt water it would be a 40lbish sea wolf from a warf while fishing in Newfoundland for rock cod and conners. I caught that ugly thing on 12lb test line when I was a kid:)

Guest hoghunter

post-870-1242753406_thumb.jpg

Just checking what is the biggest fish you have ever caught? Freshwater would have to be a 42" sturgeon from Black sturgeon(didn't have a scale), and In salt water it would be a 40lbish sea wolf from a warf while fishing in Newfoundland for rock cod and conners. I caught that ugly thing on 12lb test line when I was a kid:)

Biggest fish caught would have to be a 50" musky on the english river ,ya have to love those musky's!!!!

Snotrocket
post-870-1242753406_thumb.jpg

Biggest fish caught would have to be a 50" musky on the english river ,ya have to love those musky's!!!!

wow nice catch nobody with any huge lakers?

Guest TerryK

Many years ago, I caught a 30ish lb laker in the current at the mouth of the MacKenzie river. Shocked the hell out of me to catch a big fish like that in the river!

fisherdude

fishing for sunfish and rockbass at my family cottage jus out of ottawa i hooked into something that felt pretty good. after a good 15-20 minutes(cant remember it was along time ago) i (with the help of my dad) finally got my fish up to the surface. Just as my dad reached in...with both arms to grab it, my hook came flying out. brought it back to the cottage to weigh it but the scale only went up to ten pounds....so all in all...thats how i got my 10+pound pickeral in the pitch black...when i was 6 on my mickey mouse rod :P thats proof those rods work!. best fishing memory i have with my dad for sure. n oh yeah of course it was released after a breif revival. iv gotten pike over 10 pounds but this was by for my favourite!

salmonider

400lb halibut, 160lb tarpon, 20lb steelhead, 45lb king, 34 lb charger, 58lb dorado, 8.3lb mudtrout, 14.3lb brown trout, 0.2lb rainbow smelt

Practice CPS, catch , photo, stringer.

ok, calm down I'm kidding!

Trevor Zimak

Did not weigh many of them because usually I am prefishing or caught them during tournament hours and for the most part don't care. But, SM Bass - 6.1lbs and 22'', (Rainy) LM Bass 23.25'' (LOTW), Pike 42'' (LOTW), Musky 47.5'' (LOTW), Walleye 33'' (Rainy) and of course my all time favourite, Sturgeon 67'' and a whopping 82lbs. (KAM RIVER) 14 years ago!

randomheroj

54 inch northern from a lake towords fort frances did have a scale just knew in a 12 foot boot the head and tail hung over eachside and measured it

Some Old Guy

3.5 pound walleye, 2 pound smallie, 6 pound pike and a .5 pound perch.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

unbedable

I don't usually keep a scale on me, and a tape only when there are regulations. I figure I am just getting started, so there will be many to come, hopefully! :) Besides, noone believes you when you tell them anyways :P

post-775-1242829201_thumb.jpg

post-775-1242829218_thumb.jpg

post-775-1242829225_thumb.jpg

post-775-1242829231_thumb.jpg

grumpy

Roger

LOL you are one funny guy when did you get those on Sunday?

Garbie

Roger

Pretty sure your pics say different you tricky trickerton

Guest Dobsey

12lbs Pickeral then 4 more all at 8lbs or more. They we're also all caught the same night on the same point. Through them all back though, kept the biggest one for about an hour to weigh it in for the fish club i was in at the time for Northern Woods. Needless to say i won that year for pickeral.

Then i've gone to around 6lbs bass, atleast once a year. :)

Some Old Guy

Tricky Trickerton. I think I went out with her in the 80's! Ha Ha!

Yeah I was just kidding. I barely weigh fish so I really don't know.

Mine are all done in lengths. I do know that a laker I caught was big. Just the picture of that laker weighed 5 pounds!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Monks

Well this is not my biggest fish but my biggest laker to date caught last weekend. Man did this thing pull! We rushed it back to the water after a couple pictures as it fought for along time. Based on the length 47 inches and an average girth measurement it comes out to around 42 lbs using a laker length and girth ratio. All I know is it was a lot bigger than the 30 lb laker I caught on LOTW. I am 6'5" and 220 lbs so you get the idea of this lakers size.

But hey who cares about size it was an absolute PIG to wrestle with and is still out there getting bigger.

GC 54

Kyle, congrats, nice big fish, sure hope you can catch big walleyes like you catch big lakers, at least at the GWC anyway. You did tell me last week that you were going to break your personal best record on the weekend, and you did!

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Guest BigTrout
Well this is not my biggest fish but my biggest laker to date caught last weekend. Man did this thing pull! We rushed it back to the water after a couple pictures as it fought for along time. Based on the length 47 inches and an average girth measurement it comes out to around 42 lbs using a laker length and girth ratio. All I know is it was a lot bigger than the 30 lb laker I caught on LOTW. I am 6'5" and 220 lbs so you get the idea of this lakers size.

But hey who cares about size it was an absolute PIG to wrestle with and is still out there getting bigger.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! wow!

Guest fishermedic

Something doesn't look right about this picture.... :huh: I'm thinking it's a photochop....

If it's not though 'wow' is right!

Monks
Something doesn't look right about this picture.... :huh: I'm thinking it's a photochop....

If it's not though 'wow' is right!

It is a photochop, the photo is cropped so that you cannot view the rightside. If it was not folks would know where we were by an identifiable feature. The waterspot on the lens did not help the picture, blurs out my bottom hand. Other than that it is what it is a good laker.

Guest fishermedic
It is a photochop, the photo is cropped so that you cannot view the rightside. If it was not folks would know where we were by an identifiable feature. The waterspot on the lens did not help the picture, blurs out my bottom hand. Other than that it is what it is a good laker.

Congrats on a huge fish! I'd love to see a fish that big in person, unreal.

Guest BannedCore

42.5" northern, 37" lake trout, 29" walleye, 28" steelhead, 25.5" brook trout. I have hooked bigger walleye but handed them off to others in my boat. (guiding) All fish were caught on 8lb test line.

bigfish
42.5" northern, 37" lake trout, 29" walleye, 28" steelhead, 25.5" brook trout. I have hooked bigger walleye but handed them off to others in my boat. (guiding) All fish were caught on 8lb test line.

I need a guide. And I want to get big fish like you!jk. Ill be home on friday and Ill be fishing for 5 weeks, If you want to go?

Muzzy.

Team FishPopper

Proudly Sponsored by-Nipigon Canadian Tire,D&R Sporting Goods LTD.,S.O.B. wear(www.soldiersofthebottle.com),Nipigon Bang On Construction