• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GC 54

Before The Rumours Begin.............

GC 54

Yes it is true. Team Clark's Lund came close to ending up in the boat bone yard today. Yes, we hit a rock reef on Lac this morning. None of us were hurt, however, the bottom half of the 115 hp Merc outboard is now a man made reef on the bottom of Lac. There is some of that 'precious metal' that I have mentioned in earlier postings, on the reef.

This will be a day that I'll remember for a long time.

I have posted some pics further into the thread.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Guest fishermedic

Glad to hear everyone is OK. Hopefully the boat faired well. I'm sure the story will come along with the pics.

oneshot

Glad to hear everything turned out alright G.C, Those things seem to appear out of nowhere sometimes.... Where on the lake were you?

Guest LARRY RIZZO

gc 54 It would not happen to be the one about 1 mile north east of bolton bay would it? That one comes up like a moutain peak .That one cost me my lower unit two years ago. Bad thing is i know it is there i just was to busy talken. Boy did i learn the hard way.Glad to here everyone is ok.

Guest Dobsey

Good to hear everyone is okay. I've come close to hitting a couple reefs (drove right over top), and i knew they were there, but you stop paying attention for a bit, and your over top of it. luckily are 15 HP doesn't reach that deep into the water, or else our boat would be done.

Many boats at my camp have had a battle with a reef the boaters always lost, luckily everyone was always alright, besides maybe a little angry at what they just did.

CaddisMan

Good to hear all ok. I too hit a reef @ Lac yesterday. Scared the crap out of me.

hollywood

George, Kevan here. Where abouts on the lake were you. I saw you, Dustin and, I assume Dustin's girfriend, out last weekend.

Barrski

Sorry to hear about your bottom end of your 115 hp, the main thing everyone is okay. Feel for you after you given me the heads up about Frazer last night.

Just got back and now I know what you mean about a few rocks, but luckly most were marked or I likely would be in the same trouble.

Fishing was pretty good but the wind blew like He!!!!

Take care

barrski

Abes
Sorry to hear about your bottom end of your 115 hp, the main thing everyone is okay. Feel for you after you given me the heads up about Frazer last night.

Just got back and now I know what you mean about a few rocks, but luckly most were marked or I likely would be in the same trouble.

Fishing was pretty good but the wind blew like He!!!!

Take care

barrski

I was out there in the Black Lund, yeah pretty windy, had a hell of a time gettin the boat back on the trailer, a few scrapes on the boat and now less hair....

NWO

George

Were you off the beaten path?

Did your GPS/sonar lead you astray? ( I know a lot of GPS's are off by several meters)

What's the story?

-TF

Barrski
I was out there in the Black Lund, yeah pretty windy, had a hell of a time gettin the boat back on the trailer, a few scrapes on the boat and now less hair....

I seen you I had the legend with the top up trying to keep from getting wet,

Yep I had the same problem getting out as well

Hope it is better on the 13th, my first year in the tournament

barrski

NWO
I seen you I had the legend with the top up trying to keep from getting wet,

Yep I had the same problem getting out as well

Hope it is better on the 13th, my first year in the tournament

barrski

Thunder Bay and surrounding area has no wind. It is only an illusion.

I was out on Frazer on Friday afternoon.....it was white-cap city........as per usual. When isn't it?

GC 54

Here are some pics of the damage.................but at least my Wings won!

We were on the south-west side of Birch Island on Lac when this happened. The Navionics chip does not show this reef. We have travelled this route many times, but have since been advised by my 'friends' to stay on the east side of Birch Island. Once about 6 years ago I was out with a friend in his boat, probably one of the windiest days ever out there, I was not paying attention I guess as to the route he travelled. But now they tell me, "you have to stay between Buck Island and Birch Island". What is scary those is that we see so many other boats that follow this same route. No more complaining about high insurance costs, first time to ever have to make a claim on any kind of insurance.

post-6-1243737662_thumb.jpg

post-6-1243737678_thumb.jpg

post-6-1243737705_thumb.jpg

post-6-1243737642_thumb.jpg

post-6-1243737694_thumb.jpg

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

NWO
Here are some pics of the damage.................but at least my Wings won!

We were on the south-west side of Birch Island on Lac when this happened. The Navionics chip does not show this reef. We have travelled this route many times, but have since been advised by my 'friends' to stay on the east side of Birch Island. Now they tell me! No more complaining about high insurance costs, first time to ever have to make a claim on any kind of insurance.

Birch Island? So, I assume you made it back to the launch with the trolling motor?

My bet on the insurance though, that over your lifetime you'd have paid 50 times more that you are about to submit a claim for. But hey, those insurance folks need jobs.

GC 54

Used the bow mount to travel back, the wind was in our favour, took quite awhile to get back to the Savanne River but once we got a third of the way up the river, the first boat we seen since hitting the reef came along and gave us a tow back to the ramp.

Monks
Used the bow mount to travel back, the wind was in our favour, took quite awhile to get back to the Savanne River but once we were a third of the way up the river, the first boat we seen since hitting the reef came along and gave us a tow back to the ramp.

Glad to hear your all well, never a fun experience. Maybe I should drive for the GWC :rolleyes:

GC 54

Will either have a repaired 115 or a new 150 in time for Frazer and the GWC. Wouldn't that be a nice retirement gift to myself. Heck, its my 30th wedding anniversary next week, maybe the spouse of the house will take one for the team.

Some Old Guy

Glad everyone was ok George.

Nasty damage to the power house. Any way to fix the boat? Or is it a battle scar now?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest brooktrout1962

GC54:

Ouch. And you used to grill me about those 2 inch scratches on the bottom of that hull!

Can I suggest Team Clark invest in a jet boat? Then you can whisk right over those reefs.

FYI: Your "friend" had taken you through the proper route. You can lead a horse to water but.....

Go with the 150.

GE

Thefishleclair

Glad to hear you and your partner are OK.....

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

GC 54
FYI: Your "friend" had taken you through the proper route. You can lead a horse to water but.....

Go with the 150.

GE

Gord, about 6 years ago I did go with you for a day out there on Lac, one of the windiest days that I can remember, I guess I was more worried about holding on, and facing backwards, than I was paying attention. However, you did do a great job in getting us out there and back safely, between the islands.

You can lead a horse to water...........yes you can, but now you have lots of fodder for this year's beast feast. I am prepared. I know I havent heard the end of this one yet.

Guest fishinbuddy

WOW GEORGE!!!!!! Sorry about the mishap, but glad to hear everyone was ok. Maybe something good will come out of this misfortune, like your better half giving you the go ahead for a new 150 as an anniversary present. See you at the GWC.

Fishinbuddy

Guest Cory

Glad you are all ok..

Look on the bright side. Extra couple feet clearance for Frazer. :D See ya there.

Dean

Glad to see everyones all right. Wouldn't happen to have GPS coordinates of this reef for us, would you?

Thanks

Dean