• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Walleye Man

Recomendations for paving driveway.

Guest Kevin Green

Hoping some people can help me out. I am pricing out getting my driveway done in either ashphalt or concrete.

The question I have is What companies have people dealt with and how was the service/product. Also what did you get done.

Thank You

Kevin

Guest Little Joe
Hoping some people can help me out. I am pricing out getting my driveway done in either ashphalt or concrete.

The question I have is What companies have people dealt with and how was the service/product. Also what did you get done.

Thank You

Kevin

Fatta is always the cheapest, but my Mother in Law got hers done by him and it cracked by the next year. I did my driveway myself with my friends and it didn't crack for three years.

If I had the money I would go with concrete, last for years.

Guest Nonus

Our driveway is concrete, so much better than that asphalt. It is like 20 something years old now or something like that, has cracks but still not that bad compared to those wavy uneven asphalt driveways.

Only problem is they stain pretty easily.

BIG SMOKE

Depending on where in town you live I would make sure that the company who does it knows what they are doing with either concrete or asphalt. Cheaper is not always better. The prep work before they lay the driveway down is critical, so ask these companies what they do to prepare it, how much they compact it? If they use a geotextile cloth to help stabilize subgrades which helps from forming ruts/sinking in the future. If you go with concrete, make sure that your control joints are cut properly or else it will crack everywhere. You also have to seal them every year or two to prevent the salt/oils from penetrating through the concrete which adds to your cost factor.

I am not sure of the exact pricing right now, but i know that asphalt is pretty high right now. You can't beat concrete if your wallet is really thick!!

DJL66

I had my driveway paved last year when oil was at its highest. I did a lockstone border with a walkway and front pad. I had Bruno's do the asphalt and RML do the lockstone. Took some effort to line up both companies but in the end the job was done right and looks great. Fata gave me a quote and as he handed it to me said they would beat any price in town. Well I told him what Bruno's quoted me and he said have a good day. I'm not sure what the prices are like this year with oil being alot cheaper than last year but I'm sure you'll find that any reputable company will not be available to start the work till late fall as they would be pretty busy by now. I went with 3" of asphalt which cost me $300 more but will certainly last alot longer than the standard 2". Good luck.

Don

Guest Kevin Green

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate the help. Anyone else had their driveway paved recently?