• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest deerhunting101

Deer hunting Stategies for 2009 season

Guest deerhunting101

Just wondering what everyones big stategy this year is for the big buck. It's coming up soon and I've been thinking about it since the end of the last season. I'm sure a few of you all feel the same way. Just wanted to get the discussion going. I shot 3 last year, how did everyone else do?

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

saw a huge bull @ 35yds while on a stroll tonight to check on the feeders i just put out .

I even purchased a bear tag just so i could carry.

9 days and 50 lbs of feed gone. time to get me some cameras.

walking for 2 hours with my new tikka is awesome , carried it in one hand the whole time. (okay i uesd 2 when i scoped that bull)

can you tell im anxious??

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Monks
There are plenty of great strategies to employ. My main goal is to try and locate the home core of a bruiser buck. That in itself is no easy task.

I agree Renegade. After 3 years of a trail pic here and there I have found him. Location obviously with held and I am not posting any pics of him either. I will tell you that he never visited a feeder or salt block or any other attractant, more than twice in the past three years. Now for the hard part! My six stands are already in place and waiting for the right wind. I have been shooting arrows since may!

But had I not done the research I would have never had known he was around.

So use what u can with the time you have have. My trail cameras are over 400 km from house running on 12 volt batteries with solar panels and 8 gb cards. Sounds insane but I have 8 days a year and I want all of them.

Good Luck

Thefishleclair
saw a huge bull @ 35yds while on a stroll tonight to check on the feeders i just put out .

I even purchased a bear tag just so i could carry.

9 days and 50 lbs of feed gone. time to get me some cameras.

walking for 2 hours with my new tikka is awesome , carried it in one hand the whole time. (okay i uesd 2 when i scoped that bull)

can you tell im anxious??

This could get you into allot of hot water if a CO saw you doing that

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

This could get you into allot of hot water if a CO saw you doing that

using a scope to view a potential target?

i do that to hundreds of stumps every year that resemble a moose

Guest Nonus

What does it say in the hunting safety course and I think even the firearm course. That you are not suppose to use your scope as a replacement for a spotting scope. If I was a CO and I seen you with your gun shouldered aiming at an out of season animal I would charge you for hunting.

Get a pair of 10X binos for that, cause one of these days that stump can be someone.

pretty much anything gets you in hot water with a CO.

going shooting before thanksgiving without a bear tag is hunting out of season and is a fine-able offense.

the definition of hunting is "the active pursuit of game" and i followed that bull because i will be moose hunting there. so that in itself is a violation.

i usually don't scope those bright orange stumps btw, as those tend to be people.

Guest Nonus
i usually don't scope those bright orange stumps btw, as those tend to be people.

That is moose camo, they are catching on you know.

But you should rely on others wearing the orange though cause a lot don't. BC doesn't have an orange requirement and they do just fine.

i know what they'll think of that.

im not pointing the rifle all over all day.

i do own binos, but find they don't have the stopping power a rifle does when presented with a potential opportunity.

nor do they offer the satisfaction of a potential kill had the circumstances been different.

thats all