• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest deerhunting101

Trying to get around the system

Guest deerhunting101

I'm sick and tired of the non-natives asking how they can get around the system by hunting with First Nations. Natives should have to get a license also. Don't care if they get it for free, but they should have to get a licence from the MNR to attached to the animal and report their kill so it can be tracked to see how many animals they are taking out of the area. Buy a license already and put some of the funds back into the system. If you can't afford a license then don't hunt.

mmgg

So you want, less of a chance of getting a tag ,,,,,,,,,,because every native would automatically count as one tag.

I'm sure there is a reporting system of some sort.

They probably have input on the MNR regulations and wildlife managment too.

Guest deerhunting101

What I'm saying is that they are given these free tags to attach to the animals so that they can be checked by the MNR. This will make it easier for the MNR when they stop these individuals instead of having to determine whether or not it is a legal kill and who has what status. Whats the problem with having them attach these to the animals? When it comes to not getting a tag in the draw I would rather not get a tag and have accurate numbers of kills taken by the natives as there is no way to track it. I hunt 15B with surplus tags and you can barely find a track. How can the MNR determine the amount of tags to give out when they have no idea how many the natives have killed.

Slick_Jig

The OMNR spend thousands of dollars carrying out the moose inventory so that hunters can be allocated tags. However the aboriginal moose hunt takes many moose throughout the year that i believe are NOT accounted for. So how does an inventory make sense if they don't count aboriginal harvest??? Ill be finding out the answer before April as my undergraduate thesis project is ``Aboriginal moose harvest in northwestern ontario. specifically trying to gather how many moose are harvested with consultation from 3 native communities. Ìll let you know my results

Gone Fishing

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

Guest deerhunting101

Its about time someone looks into it. You should see how many fish they take also. How can the MNR come to accurate information like you said without knowing all the facts. They worry about a guy with one fish over the limit where right next to him there is a native with a boat full. Makes no sense whatsoever. Why have conservation officers nailing people for fish over the limit when the natives wipe out the population. There needs to be limits set for all to protect the fisheries and the wildlife so all our children and future generations.

Guest Ityflies

"I'm sick and tired of the non-natives asking how they can get around the system by hunting with First Nations"

Humm........... non natives breaking the law!

Where are you hearing this?

Resource Pimp

Never mind what the natives might take, the provinces inventory keeping of moose in general is a joke. Untill they have mandatory enforcable registration of killed animals, their estimates are a joke. Theres no money for regular scheduled arial surveys......................some hunters refuse to answer moose success questionaires, some bs thinking if they say they did or didn't kill a moose it will make for more tags........................or bs that they saw more moose than they did. How can there be any accuracy from a system like this?

In most US states it is the law to register your kill, before you take it home. In most cases a additional registration tag is issued at the registration station. If you are stopped with a unregistered deer, you better hope theres no registration station between where you are and where you shot it, or you're busted.

just my opinion

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Travis Schallock

The native harvest is definetly somehing that needs to be taken into account, as well as many other things. Like did everyone know that they are allowed to spotlight animals. I reported a couple of them last year, but when I got to talk with the local warden he told me that he would love to do something about it be he has been told by someone higher up NOT to pursue the natives for it. His words were 'until someone gets killed or hurt there is nothing I can do about it'. I wonder how many get wounded at night to run off and die away from the roads, because it has got to be pretty hard to track an animal in the middle of the night. Its hard enough at dusk when you can see the surroundings and get some direction.

Travis Schallock

Nakina Fish and Game Club - President

Guest Ityflies

What it all comes down to is ethics, some people have them and some don't. Natives and Non natives. So lets not bash all of them because of a select few.

I totaly agree with Resource Pimp.

Snotrocket

Well you dont have to worry about me havent got a moose yet:) but as for the fishing thing with a boat full. My cousin nets steelhead in the spring never sells any but gives it away to the communitie. There is a lot of people that used to do that stuff and cant anymore. The only way they get fish or wild game is to be given something I dont mind given my Auntie some fish from time to time, or a rabbit. I always follow the rules in my Treaty, 4 pickeral one over 18inches, I only keep small ones let the bigger ones go(breeders). When I fish outta my treaty I buy a licence. I want to be fishing forever if I could:) Your people made the rules I follow them other people try to follow em.