• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest drted

Lac des Mille Lacs....Ice Status

Guest drted

:) 2009/12/07

Just got a call this morning regarding ice thickness at Lac...

Apparently the ice is about 4" thick and with this cold weather forecast for the next week it should help stiffen things up...

mitch
:) 2009/12/07

Just got a call this morning regarding ice thickness at Lac...

Apparently the ice is about 4" thick and with this cold weather forecast for the next week it should help stiffen things up...

:D Thank you for the post, you just made my day :D

Lundy

I floated my shack out there yesterday and that was the word I got out there too. Shouldn't be long....:)

68camaro
I floated my shack out there yesterday and that was the word I got out there too. Shouldn't be long.... :)

This was last year Dec 06/2008 - 11 to 12 inches of ice at eagle's nest before sandpoint.

07-12-08_1229.jpg

post-1171-1260232784_thumb.jpg

Some Old Guy

Wow!

I need to get a shack out there.

Thanks for the picture.... Making me want to head out really bad!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

68camaro

I'm sure by this weekend there will be 6+ inches and people will start to venture out. However, I'll wait until the 18th or until there is a solid 11 or 12 inches before I will head out.

Lundy

Yeah I'm sure people will be out at least to Birch Island next weekend. I towed ours out last year on the 6th too all the way to Coffin Island. Heres a couple pictures of my new shack.

IMGP0441.jpg

inside2.jpg

IMGP0445.jpg

Travis Schallock

Nice 'hut' Lundy.

Travis Schallock

Nakina Fish and Game Club - President

68camaro

Wow!!!!! You're hut looks awesome! What are the dimensions? I'm thinking a building a new one for next season. Great Job!! Very inspiring.

Gone8to1248

What do we have here! Canadian REDNECKS and thier Mobil Homes! :blink::lol: They really look nice and comfortable. By the way what would you call that picture with the two huts on the semi,A mobil sub division! :D Enjoy your winter ice fishing guys.

Bernie

Guest drted

Just a teaser for everyone.....9 lbs in 4 ft of water last Feb/2009

Great job on the shack....lotsa attention to detail ....checkerplate was a nice touch for reflective heat

:rolleyes:

post-852-1260280130_thumb.jpg

Bottom Bouncer

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly say hi to my "NEW" best friend "LUNDY" :lol: Remember Lundy to bring out the MOOSE sausages and I'll bring the buns. :D Nice job on my...I mean your new "PALACE" :) L.K.

REELBAIT

Castnblast

Hi Lund...nice job, sweet shack.

Where are the holes? - can't see them in the pix.

If you get time, you should post some construction detail and in-progress shots. I'm sure there would be interest in the process. Also tell us about the guest house on the float. I'm guessing it's for the genni and crapper etc.

Anyway, nice work.

cnb

Lundy

Sounds good Larry!

The shack is 10x16 and there is three holes inside (you can see the dowels sticking out of the walls with the reels below them). I don't really have too many pictures of it being built. The second shack is actually my dad's and it is half wood/generator shack and the other half is a small sauna. He had a 6x8 wood shed before that I have recently aquired :)

Travis Schallock

I hear Lundy built the whole shack with an air hammer and brass punch attachment. I hope you threw that 9lber back.

Travis Schallock

Nakina Fish and Game Club - President

eyelander

That is not a "shack", its a cottage..................where is the satellite dish btw???????

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Lundy

Were you watching me build it tlock?? haha you know who I was sending for tools... haha

The satellite dish is still going on I didn't think that they were made for highway use though...figured I'd put it on at the lake lol

Guest drted

2009/12/11.....12:30....

I just talked to Gary at Sawmill Bay......6' of ice at 200 ft from shore.....very cold....

He says some are going to take a look at ice conditions this weekend.... most likely on quads....

Seems a little thin to be going out just yet...if it stays cold all week , hopefully we will have a foot by the 19'th

mikejson

Anyone hear any updates from Gary and their quading trip on the ice this weekend??

68camaro
Anyone hear any updates from Gary and their quading trip on the ice this weekend??

Gary said the ice is NFG! The thickness varies and he said it was unsafe. I think it will be ready this weekend with all this cold weather we're having.

Guest drted

2009/12/15....13:00.....

This is a copied post from another thread regarding ice conditions last weekend.....thought it might help...

Was out on sunday, fished birch island. There is about 7 to 8 inches at birch , shacks will start being hauled out this week. Very cold out there!!!