• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest drted

Lac des Mille Lacs....Ice Status

Guest mminelli

post-1178-1260977457_thumb.jpgHello all>

New to ice fishing on Lac, looking for tips and advice,

I am just finishing up the interior of my Ice Shack and hope to bring it out soon,

I am thinking of bringing it to Coffin Island. It has taken me around 7 weeks to build so far and i only need a propane stove/oven

and then its good to go.

I have been told that there is a guy that will pull out my shack for a price, and am looking for his contact info, to set something up

also need to know what needs to be on the end of my tow bar.

Hope you all like the paint job :D . ( it took 44 man hours)

Some Old Guy

I see sponsorship in the future! Nice paint job!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest drted

Hey M&m...regarding your Corona shack...

1'st off.....great job inside and out.....

As far as a tow: call Gary MCcourt at Sawmill Bay....986-1731......he has a couple of heavy water haulers that will do the job no problem..

drted.....Birch Island ....pirate flag

pjauff

here's my shack built next to mminelli's......my paint job took 6 minutes (and it shows!)

shackview2.jpg

3d design

shackview3.jpg

inside view

shackview4.jpg

wampa

I was talking to the MNR today, shacks were being pulled out at pine point today by truck. It's on!!

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

mikejson
I was talking to the MNR today, shacks were being pulled out at pine point today by truck. It's on!!

Hmm...

is it odd that I still want to hear an ice report even though shacks are out there???? :P

Dang it, I'm gonna have ot drive out tonight to see... so I can go tomorrow if it's good hahahaha...

ok, you are right...

ITS ON!!!!

fisherdude

this may be a very stupid question but...since theres not alot of snow (yet), would it be possible for a van or car to venture out on the ice? me and a group of friends are planning on renting 1 or 2 shacks on boxing day and the only truck we can get r hands on would only be able to meet us out there a day after we r planning on going...thanks for any information...and sorry in advance if this is a very stupid question.

Thefishleclair
this may be a very stupid question but...since theres not alot of snow (yet), would it be possible for a van or car to venture out on the ice? me and a group of friends are planning on renting 1 or 2 shacks on boxing day and the only truck we can get r hands on would only be able to meet us out there a day after we r planning on going...thanks for any information...and sorry in advance if this is a very stupid question.

Ive gone out in a Ford Focus and a Stupid litle red car once, If there is a little snow Life is good!!!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest Slowey

nice hut lundy. me and matt will see ya out there with out there with our new shack. we are hauling it out there on tuesday. where u seetin up shop this winter? gonna have to stop by and check out the new shanty.

NorthwestHunter

14" of ice today at sand point, same as last week. This snow must be making it hard for fresh ice to freeze.

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

Trevor Zimak

Was out today. At the very most meassured only 12'' of ice just NE of coffin. She was blowing a gale out there today and was about minus a million with wind chill. Fishing blew and only caught 5 waldo's and two pike. One nice 18'' waldo though.

Rog.... how did you make out?

Guest Domenic

Me and my brother also made it out to lac today. Unbelieveably cold. We were just past Carp island. We slaughtered them today. Can honestly say my vexilar and my portable ice hut were worth their weight in gold today. We must of landed at least 25-30 in 5 hours. Most of them out of one hole though. What a cold day. Good luck to whomever braves the cold and dress warm.

Dom.

Some Old Guy

It wasn't slaughter fest where I was but it was cold out!

Biggest was 20 inches and no pike!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest flyinfinn

I was out twice over the holidays also, we did get our limits both trips but it was tough fishing I had a hard time hooking fish they would suck the bait in an just hold. Maybe now that the low pressure system has gone by they will get more agressive.