• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest fishmasa

Lake Trout

Guest fishmasa

We are heading out Lake Trout fishing this saturday, does anyone have any good recommendations? We have the following lakes as a possibility Adik Lake, Icarus Lake or Arrow Lake. Where has everyone been going or where are people planning to go this weekend for lake trout?

Thefishleclair

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...Gunna be a low response on this one...Not to many people are willing to give out names of lakes, Silver Harbour is a well known trout area, Seem to get some non grease balls out there...Look for the 60' range of depth and jig spoons or white tubes about 2-5 feet off bottom.....Gotta look at ice conditions first out there though....I havnt heard any reports yet on ice conditions yet.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest drk

Haha, ya this isn't a information fishing forum. More like hide and seek....for yourself. :P

I'd give ya info buddy but I'm not to familiar with trout lakes in this area. Don't normally target them. I'd like to learn a little more myself but....

Thefishleclair

You guys off on the 16th-17th???? Got sleds?? I got a Place I would like to go...Company is always good!

• Like 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest fishmasa

Well perhaps people should start HELPING other people around here instead of being so top secret about a handfull of lakes that half of thunder bay already know about. All I wanted to know is where other people have been fishing for lakers or where they plan on going, I don't want GPS co-ordinates, or specific rocks that hold fish, or in such and such a lake in 10.5ft of water using a blue/red/green/black jig with sparkles you will catch fish. In my opinion people should share information to help others be better anglers, I will start a new revolutionary idea called sharing information:

I fish in the following lakes for walleyes:

Lac Des Mille Lac - Mostly in the west end past Owl Island.

Batwing Lake

Hawkeye Lake

Crooked Pines Lake - Atikokan Area

Shebandowan Lake

Drift Lake

Off Lake - Rainy River Area

Wolf Lake

Twinredblox Lake

Garden Lake

I fish for Bass in the following lakes:

Shebandowan Lake

Two Island Lake

One Island

Cloud Lake

Crooked Pines Lake - Atikokan

Quetico Park - Pickerel Lake and French Lake

Sandstone Lake

For Winter Lake Trout fishing:

Crystal Lake - Atikokan

Atik Lake

Castle Lake

Arrow Lake

For Winter Perch Fishing:

Whitefish Lake

Roundtable Lake

Lake Mary Louise

North Fowl Lake

For Stocked Lakes:

South Castle Lake

Perch Lake (behind whitefish lake)

West Greenhue Lake

Little Hawkeye Lake

Adrian Lake

Thank you to the following people that have shown me alot of lakes, techniques and taught me alot of valuable information:

Roger Mayor

Peter Jollymore

George Clark

Bill and Brad Rissenen

Ward Anderson

Murray Fontaine

Terry K.

Davis Viehbeck

Now if anyone wants to divulge any lakes that hold lake trout so I can try some new water, please let me know.

Thanks,

Daryl

Jayfishin

Fishmasa,

Way to go I like your post!

Jay

speckmaster

I don't think you should be knocking people for not sharing where they fish. There are many people out there that have and will "ruin" lakes. Keeping your best kept secrets "secret" isn't something someone should be criticized for.

Fishmasa,

Way to go I like your post!

Jay

Guest drk
I don't think you should be knocking people for not sharing where they fish. There are many people out there that have and will "ruin" lakes. Keeping your best kept secrets "secret" isn't something someone should be criticized for.

And how is it that people "ruin" lakes, and who gives you the right to fish it and not other people?

levi64

Hang on, I've got to get some popcorn for this one.

Guest fishmasa

Well Speckmaster, you shouldn't assume people are going to ruin a lake or steelhead river just because they know its there, not everyone is a poacher or ruins a lake. Anyone who wants to try new lakes or is in seek of information to better themselves as an angler shouldn't be criticized either.

speckmaster

People ruin lakes by turning them into garbage dumps. They leave their minnow bags and coffee cups all over landings. The same type of people keep large fish that should be put back. People ruin lakes by turning quiet little lakes into Grand Central Station. Nobody has given me the right to fish these lakes. I have taken the time and found these little jewels that don't see a lot of traffic. So when people come to this board trying to get good fishing spots out of members that spend hours finding these spots, I for one am not going to add to the threads. Hey, if you want to direct people to your best kept secret, go right ahead. All I'm saying is that I don't come here to find new spots and I'm not going to be directing anyone to my favourite spots.

And how is it that people "ruin" lakes, and who gives you the right to fish it and not other people?
  • Like 1

Guest drk
Hang on, I've got to get some popcorn for this one.

Haha. I'm just about done with this crap anyways. It obviously gets nowhere and people are gunna think what they wanna think. So let's see some posts with pictures of how people have been doing out there. I wanna hear some stories. Lake naming or not. ;)

Guest drk
People ruin lakes by turning them into garbage dumps. They leave their minnow bags and coffee cups all over landings. The same type of people keep large fish that should be put back. People ruin lakes by turning quiet little lakes into Grand Central Station. Nobody has given me the right to fish these lakes. I have taken the time and found these little jewels that don't see a lot of traffic. So when people come to this board trying to get good fishing spots out of members that spend hours finding these spots, I for one am not going to add to the threads. Hey, if you want to direct people to your best kept secret, go right ahead. All I'm saying is that I don't come here to find new spots and I'm not going to be directing anyone to my favourite spots.

Ya, and I guess driving a Smart car is gunna stop the glaciers from melting. Such is the world we live in. I think it's awesome that you wanna keep some of gods country clean and free of people who don't give a sh*t, I'm with you on that. I just see things differently then you.

Ok, now I'm done. :P

Guest fishmasa

Speckmaster, if people are looking for information on a lake that holds walleye or bass or laketrout and you tell them about a lake it doesn't mean they are going to catch fish, it just means that you helped someone out to have a nice day on the water. If everyone thought like you did there would be alot more discouraged anglers out there, and every angler would be accused of ruining lakes and rivers.

Guest Smack Um

Hwy#527 Voltaire,Cry,Kettle,Vale,Pillar,Waweig,McLaurin,Mackinzie,Machine Gun,Inspiration,Keyhole,Armstrong and Caribou Lakes Armstrong Ontario...

Smack Um

Guest lacman
Well perhaps people should start HELPING other people around here instead of being so top secret about a handfull of lakes that half of thunder bay already know about. All I wanted to know is where other people have been fishing for lakers or where they plan on going, I don't want GPS co-ordinates, or specific rocks that hold fish, or in such and such a lake in 10.5ft of water using a blue/red/green/black jig with sparkles you will catch fish. In my opinion people should share information to help others be better anglers, I will start a new revolutionary idea called sharing information:

I fish in the following lakes for walleyes:

Lac Des Mille Lac - Mostly in the west end past Owl Island.

Batwing Lake

Hawkeye Lake

Crooked Pines Lake - Atikokan Area

Shebandowan Lake

Drift Lake

Off Lake - Rainy River Area

Wolf Lake

Twinredblox Lake

Garden Lake

I fish for Bass in the following lakes:

Shebandowan Lake

Two Island Lake

One Island

Cloud Lake

Crooked Pines Lake - Atikokan

Quetico Park - Pickerel Lake and French Lake

Sandstone Lake

For Winter Lake Trout fishing:

Crystal Lake - Atikokan

Atik Lake

Castle Lake

Arrow Lake

For Winter Perch Fishing:

Whitefish Lake

Roundtable Lake

Lake Mary Louise

North Fowl Lake

For Stocked Lakes:

South Castle Lake

Perch Lake (behind whitefish lake)

West Greenhue Lake

Little Hawkeye Lake

Adrian Lake

Thank you to the following people that have shown me alot of lakes, techniques and taught me alot of valuable information:

Roger Mayor

Peter Jollymore

George Clark

Bill and Brad Rissenen

Ward Anderson

Murray Fontaine

Terry K.

Davis Viehbeck

Now if anyone wants to divulge any lakes that hold lake trout so I can try some new water, please let me know.

Thanks,

Daryl

There are walleye in Hawkeye....??

Guest drk
There are walleye in Hawkeye....??

That's all I've ever caught out of there. Course I only fished it a few times in the summer.

Guest troutsandy

Althought I am fairly new to this forum, I have found that there are people out there who are willing to help you out if you are unsure of a destination or are looking for a new one. I agree that there are certain risks that you take when you divulge information like that but you have to trust that there are decent people out there who are not gonna be keeping those big fish that should be let go and that they are gonna be concious of cleaning up after themselves. The lakes are for everyone, and just because you tell someone a possible spot to fish doesnt mean they are gonna ruin the lake. I respect the fact that alot of people have put in alot of time finding diamonds in the rough and would like to keep them a little hush hush...it doesnt sound to me like people are asking for you to give them your ultimate spots...just a simple this lake or that...had a little luck here..no luck there...Its not always easy when you are new to or unfamiliar with a certain area and there are so many great spots to choose from. --not to sound philosophical but we can all learn from each other and as a community we should be willing to share what we can....Fish on yall

Oh.....Oliver Lake...went there on the opener...close to town...real deep lake...caught some trout

Bear

Finally someone has broke the ice. You know it is one thing to know where someone fishes, but it another thing to be able to go to these lakes, or any lake and catch fish.

I used to fish Falling Snow Lake, when I was a kid, probably could find it now if I had a map. We always caught lakers there. I fished Foul lake, way back when there was hardly a raod in there, mostly a fly in from the US side. There was a trout lake off it we used to walk into and fish from shore.

I also used to fish Dexter Lake and a bunch more that I cant even remember, let alone get to.

I used to fish specks on a big pond on the top end of the Whitefish River, where the water was clear, that was when 15 specks were the limit.

I have caught nice walleye and bass in One Island Lake and have seen big walleye spawning there in the spring near the narrows on the gravel beds. An old Finlander I knew said that he caught Lake Trout in the deep hole on the north end of the lake.

I once fished in Loch Lomond back in the early 70's, dont know if it was legal, but there are some huge trout in that lake. (share this one over a beer sometime)

Thats it for me if you want to know any lakes in the Kenora area, just ask, but I get to go with you. We are heading out on Lake of the Woods tomorrow for walleye and off to Shoal Lake (part of Lake of the Woods) for monster whitefish early next wee. Anyone hwo wants to come, come on up. We also are planning a trip in Dryberry for trout next week.

Crappies soon whenever they start to bite. Like I said, I'll tell you where the lakes are, you gotta catch them

BB

Guest fishmasa

Lacman,

There are walleye, bass, pike and lake trout in hawkeye. A few years ago a huge Laker was caught in Hawkeye Lake, there are walleye to be had but you have to be one the lake at the right time of day.

levi64
Hwy#527 Voltaire,Vale,Pillar,Waweig,McLaurin,Mackinzie and Caribou Lakes Armstrong Ontario...

Smack Um

Hey,,what the,,, those are some of my lakes smackum lol... I've fished all of them and they are pretty good, but i've never had luck with voltaire in the summer, never ice fished it either. Oh you forgot the posh river, jack innis and cheeseman for good walleyes.

Guest TBaySmitty

I was thinking about trying Oliver this weekend, is it worth my time? I was thinking of parking on Podre Rd at the beach and walking into it with my 4yr old. Just wondering if I should.

I drove down to Little Trout Bay and the ice is garbage. Some sleds have been on it but I certainly wouldn't risk it.

BIG SMOKE
Finally someone has broke the ice. You know it is one thing to know where someone fishes, but it another thing to be able to go to these lakes, or any lake and catch fish.

I used to fish Falling Snow Lake, when I was a kid, probably could find it now if I had a map. We always caught lakers there. I fished Foul lake, way back when there was hardly a raod in there, mostly a fly in from the US side. There was a trout lake off it we used to walk into and fish from shore.

I also used to fish Dexter Lake and a bunch more that I cant even remember, let alone get to.

I used to fish specks on a big pond on the top end of the Whitefish River, where the water was clear, that was when 15 specks were the limit.

I have caught nice walleye and bass in One Island Lake and have seen big walleye spawning there in the spring near the narrows on the gravel beds. An old Finlander I knew said that he caught Lake Trout in the deep hole on the north end of the lake.

I once fished in Loch Lomond back in the early 70's, dont know if it was legal, but there are some huge trout in that lake. (share this one over a beer sometime)

Thats it for me if you want to know any lakes in the Kenora area, just ask, but I get to go with you. We are heading out on Lake of the Woods tomorrow for walleye and off to Shoal Lake (part of Lake of the Woods) for monster whitefish early next wee. Anyone hwo wants to come, come on up. We also are planning a trip in Dryberry for trout next week.

Crappies soon whenever they start to bite. Like I said, I'll tell you where the lakes are, you gotta catch them

BB

Hey Bear,

Let me know you if you hit up the crappies in the next week and if they have started yet. I'll be up there next Thursday through to Monday and I'm sure we'll be heading out a few times.

B

Guest drk
Hey Bear,

Let me know you if you hit up the crappies in the next week and if they have started yet. I'll be up there next Thursday through to Monday and I'm sure we'll be heading out a few times.

B

They better be hittin' in Nestor. Heading up there for the week of the 15th and I got a hunger on for them Crappies.