• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest fishmasa

Lake Trout

Bear

They are going at the usual holes in Nestor. We fih a couple of inland lakes north of Kenora off the Reddit Road, I am not sure if the trail is in yet or if they have been fished. I may take a snow machine ride up on Sunday before the ball game and check it out.

Bear

Guest drk
They are going at the usual holes in Nestor. We fih a couple of inland lakes north of Kenora off the Reddit Road, I am not sure if the trail is in yet or if they have been fished. I may take a snow machine ride up on Sunday before the ball game and check it out.

Bear

Ya we got a shack rented for one day out at Cyclone Point but if the weather turns out nice we'll be heading out further to a few spots and find some walleye.

Guest troutsandy
I was thinking about trying Oliver this weekend, is it worth my time? I was thinking of parking on Podre Rd at the beach and walking into it with my 4yr old. Just wondering if I should.

I drove down to Little Trout Bay and the ice is garbage. Some sleds have been on it but I certainly wouldn't risk it.

I would say it would be worth it, it was decent last weekend, its deep all round there but there was a couple locals on the lake so I sorta just followed suit and it worked out well...

Guest cuzzinolaf

Lake trout are the easiest fish to catch,They are dumb,had one hit my depth finder once! I would like to catch some crappies close to Thunder Bay! You cant blame some one from keeping good fishing spot from brother-in-law,same as hiding the Crown Royal when he comes over! Best to get some exercise and find them yourself and keep your mouth tight lipped!

post-756-1265563606.gif

Thefishleclair
Lacman,

There are walleye, bass, pike and lake trout in hawkeye. A few years ago a huge Laker was caught in Hawkeye Lake, there are walleye to be had but you have to be one the lake at the right time of day.

Look in the regs...I think Hawkeye may be closed fer Laker fishing......

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest adams

I know that Lake Trout is closed permanently in Shebandowan, however has anyone seen one caught inadvertently there? I've been on the lake for >30 years and never heard a thing about it... Gotta be some giant lakers in there somewhere. Also does anyone think they would ever look at re-opening lake trout fishing on shebandowan.....

Guest adams
I caught one laker this fall in shebs while bass fishing. (The nicest looking laker i've ever caught too) My buddy got one around the 14lb - 15lb range in and around the same area in June this past year. I doubt that lakers will get opened anytime in the neat future there. To my knowledge two more were caught in Shebs this summer as well.

wow, i figured so much.

great reply thanks trevor.

Guest Smack Um

Whitesands First Nations (Armstrong) Chief Allan Gustafson has an excellent Fish Derby held on the last Saturday of Lake Trout Season on Mackenzie Lake Armstrong Ontario with great prizes.

Wouldn't it be great if there where back to back Derbies. The one in Armstrong and one in Thunder Bay at Loch Lomond held by Chief Peter Collins (Fort William) First Nations held on Sunday in the same week both with great prizes.

What a great end to Winter that would be.

Smack UM