• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Buck 120

30.06 ammo

Buck 120

What make of ammunition does everyone swear by for 30.06.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Buy a couple, shoot groups with a cold barrel (as that is how you will shoot while hunting) whatever groups the best use it.

NorthwestHunter

I agree with Nonus. I shoot Winchester XP3's for my .308 in 150 gr, great loads that have worked awesome for me on both deer and moose. I wont be changing loads any time soon.

Paul

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

Guest deerhunting101

I just use federal power shok in a 180 grain. I originally bought a couple of boxes to break in my new Remington 700 because they were cheap, but I was really impressed with them. I can put 3 shots through the same hole at 200yrds with a bench. Good enough for me.

huntnfish

I use 180 grain Winchester Sivertips in my 30-06 with awesome results. They are an inexpensive bullet that seems to work well in my rifle. I have shot bears, moose, deer and wolves with this ammo and I have never had an animal get away on me. But like the others have already said, let your rifle pick the ammo.

huntnfish

Monks

I am still using Winchester Fail Safes, same reason they shot well out of my rifle. If you can buy them readily in town and they perform you have a winner. I will be switching to XP3 next. Shot them as well same result. Thats the beauty of the 30-06 variety.