• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest aanii84

Deer in WMU 15B

Guest aanii84

Hey guys, I'm bran new to deer hunting and already looking forward to this upcoming season. Reading a lot and trying to learn as much as I can. This site has actually been a huge help already. I was reading the hunting regulations and saw that you have 100% chance of getting a doe tag in WMU 15B. I also saw that not as many people were applying to this area as compared to other areas. I was just wandering if this is because there are not a lot of deer in the area. Would it be a smarter choice to apply to a WMU where I may not be as likely to get a doe tag but could possibly have more success if i were too. Thanks guys for the help so far.

Sincerely, Burkie

eyelander

Even though not to many people are applying for anterless tags in 15B, I doubt you will have a problem getting one for 13. I have been applying for antlerless in 13 for over 20 yrs. and have never been refused a tag. That was then, this is now. There are deer everywhere here now, and you can also buy extra tags sometime in august for area 13 if you choose to do so, but you have to buy early, they are snapped up pretty quick.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Bighotdog

I have been hunting 15b for over 13 years now and that is a full 13 years. I can tell you that there is alot of Moose and Deer in that zone. It was closed down for years to deer and just recently opened up the last couple. I have seen the Moose go from honestly five kilometers to as far as 40kilometers away just to get away from the population of deer. There are alot of deer and just this year there were more deer shot then Moose opening then I have ever seen. I would say your chances are dammm good to get an anterless in this zone.