• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fishing

steelhead

Guest fishing

Has anyone tried fishing any of the rivers in town or east of town? How are the water levels? are there any steelhead in the rivers yet? How are the water levels on the Nipigon river?

Good fishing

Hanny Elsadr

shmanks
Has anyone tried fishing any of the rivers in town or east of town? How are the water levels? are there any steelhead in the rivers yet? How are the water levels on the Nipigon river?

Good fishing

Hanny Elsadr

well im going to be going out in the next couple of days ill post back and let ya know :)

Guest Ottis

I was out today east of Thunder Bay. Low water levels and no action. I've heard rumblings though about rivers west.

Fishbum

Good fishing

Hanny Elsadr

Hey,

Y aman the fish are starting...i've got a few in some of the river right east of T bay. Females are still tight and pretty silver, so there will definatly be more to come when ever the rain hits. as for water levels ya they are low, but the fish are there....

Good Luck

NWO Fishing Bum

There are fish in numbers now being caught on the US side of the border, with tons of pressure in the rivers this weekend. A warm rain would raise water levels and water temps with most of the snow out of the bush.

NWO Fishing Bum

Guest troutsandy

I got out today for a couple hours, no action for me but I talked to a group of Kayakers and they said a few were caught a few days previous when they were paddling by

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've spent some time fishing rivers within town as well as the rivers east. I have hooked into 2 fish so far. Lost one right after it hit and landed another silver hen weighing nearly 10lbs. Water levels are very low as others have said. Nipigon was very low. Rivers such as Jackpine and Gravel haven't even fully opened up yet. Best of luck to all.

Brodie K.

Guest fishing

Thank you all for all of your wonderful comments and good luck out on the rivers.

The fishing man.

Just got back from the Mac, fished for a few hours. No fish, never seen or heard or any either. Walked from Central to the University. About 6 other guys out fishing too. Water is super low, harder to fish than normal.

Brodie K.

RLK

Pictures of a couple of the fish i got this weekend. if you look at the bottom left of two of the pictures you will see a large otter. Luckily i had better fishing than he did

Guest Ottis
Pictures of a couple of the fish i got this weekend. if you look at the bottom left of two of the pictures you will see a large otter. Luckily i had better fishing than he did

By the size of him it looks like he'd already limited out before you got there ^_^

RLK
By the size of him it looks like he'd already limited out before you got there ^_^

You are right. Biggest otter i have seen. He looked like a seal sitting on the rocks.

Guest Chad

I can confirm the fish are in "south of the border" I have hooked about 20 so far this season, water levels are very low, but expecting rain tonight and Wednesday....

Some talk that the run has already peaked near duluth; which would be about 3-4 weeks ahead of most years ;>

Head towards the Pigeon this week, will let you know what I hear/experience...

Chad

WalleyeWayne

We were on the Wolf, checked Pearl river (not enough water) and then tried the Mac on Sunday. No action on either river and no evidence that smelts were beginning to run. We went to Hurkett Conservation area to check water levels and we were surprised to see how low Superior is in the area. You could walk out a few hundred yards before you were ankle deep in water. Some moron also left a derelict ice hut sitting in the mud 20 yards off shore!

brookiebuster

I got 2 yesterday at the mouth of the current river,7lber and a 5lber.I used a blue and silver cleo.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest Ottis
I got 2 yesterday at the mouth of the current river,7lber and a 5lber.I used a blue and silver cleo.

I was at MacKenzie today, watched 6 or 7 ppl come and go. Floats stayed above the water line.

fisherdude

couple nice ones jumpin at the neebing today but didnt get any. Nothing at mcvickers either, we REALLY need a good rain..or 4

shmanks

well im looking to go out for some steelhead myself and was hoping that someone could give me some tips, possibly some places in town or what i should be using to fish any help is appreciated you could pm me if you want thanks to anyone that can help, still havent caught my first steelhead yet.

salmonider

lots of roe in that looper eh!

Practice CPS, catch , photo, stringer.

ok, calm down I'm kidding!

I fished the Mac yesterday and water levels are terrible. Nothing in Mcvickers yet. The fish are in alright at the mouth of the Current River. Fished Mckenzie today and got one small one. A few fish this spring, but the numbers aren't where I'd like them to be. A good rain will help, that's for sure.

Brodie K.

Guest Swan_Dive

Iam supposed to be heading out to my camp with my dad but we have both been out of town for the past week or so, has anyone seen how jackpine is doing or any thing else east of town?