• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bearattack79

Lottit Lake

speckmaster

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a public launch. Pretty small I think.

Has anyone fished this lake?

Guest bearattack79
I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a public launch. Pretty small I think.

There is a public launch but Its quite hidden, found it walking the dog last weekend. A few houses and camps on the lake, but not nearly as many as Barnum or Pike lake.

The ice is gone, gonna take the canoe out this weekend.

wicabel246

fished it a number of yrs ago, only sawe pike and perch. Peter

Guest bearattack79
fished it a number of yrs ago, only sawe pike and perch. Peter

Good enough, thanks guys.

BIG SMOKE

Fished it when I was younger and caught nice perch and lots of pike. There are also wally's in there as well, but pretty scarce.

JGriffin

Has anyone been out to this lake recently? Wondering if anyone knows where to walk out from? And is there any areas to fish in particular? Thanks.

Big Guy

I have noticed a lot of private property signs posted recently along pike lake road next to Lottit. 

JGriffin
53 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I have noticed a lot of private property signs posted recently along pike lake road next to Lottit. 

Okay good to know, never been out there and wanted to try a new spot out. Didnt know if there was an area you could walk out from. Previous post from years ago said there was a public boat launch but no info where it was. Thanks for the info though!

CountDupu

I'm not 100% sure on this but I thought there was a launch on the east side of lake down a small trail. 

JGriffin
8 minutes ago, CountDupu said:

I'm not 100% sure on this but I thought there was a launch on the east side of lake down a small trail. 

Okay awesome,  I've been Google mapping it and thought I seen somewhere u could walkin from. But with what you mentioned I think I might have found it. Thanks for the info! Much appreciated! 

Screenshot_20200211-163956_Maps.jpg

CountDupu

That is the road I have seen a couple guys head dow . I haven't walked it myself so cant say if there is any private property to cross or what not . Let me know I have been wanting to try myself as its 15 min from my house 

JGriffin
11 minutes ago, CountDupu said:

That is the road I have seen a couple guys head dow . I haven't walked it myself so cant say if there is any private property to cross or what not . Let me know I have been wanting to try myself as its 15 min from my house 

I definitely will. Hoping to get out this weekend so il let you know forsure. Thanks again for the help. 

Big Guy

If you are talking about that road up top next to the little swamp area, there is an old gate with a private property no trespassing sign on it.  A gentleman that has a place on Barnum lake has bought up a bunch or the land along howcum/pike lake.  Pretty sure he owns that land too.  Only reason I know is because I have a friend that lives on Barnum and we've asked to access the area and have been told no. 

I believe there is a crown use land atlas website that will show you crown vs. Private land...

CountDupu

I hate when government allows people to buy up pretty much a whole lake . Sad really. Either way I wouldnt waist my time trying g to get in there knowing that .  

JGriffin
5 minutes ago, CountDupu said:

I hate when government allows people to buy up pretty much a whole lake . Sad really. Either way I wouldnt waist my time trying g to get in there knowing that .  

I agree, but thanks everyone for the info. It sucks there is no access, so I'm not going to waste time with any of the lakes around there. Seems like there are houses everywhere on all the surrounding lakes. But appreciate everyone chipping in. Looks like I'm going to Adrian or Chub this weekend. Best of fishing to those who get out.

CountDupu

If you do adrian can you let me know how the road is. Not sure if its plowed to the top of hill or not. I'd like to get into Stephens or adrian if I can get far enough in . 

Superiormobile

1811822315_ScreenShot2020-02-13at10_58_39PM.thumb.png.0d3219821341b7f00f1726b3a6b90fcf.png

Here a shot from my GPS. Pink is private, Yellow is crown. Lotti is pretty much locked up by private land.

TradD

Road is plowed past Adrian can park at the Loop road

• Thanks 1

arvey

It's to bad that the whole lake is surrounded by private land . There should at least be an access for the public to use the resource . 

Big Guy
19 hours ago, Superiormobile said:

1811822315_ScreenShot2020-02-13at10_58_39PM.thumb.png.0d3219821341b7f00f1726b3a6b90fcf.png

Here a shot from my GPS. Pink is private, Yellow is crown. Lotti is pretty much locked up by private land.

What gps program are you using?

Superiormobile

Garmin 66i with northern Ontario Backroads map.

Big Guy

Awesome, looking at picking up the backroads card for my gps too.  I have the book, but having it on gps would be better.

ForestTech

I live on this lake, there is no public access except through some crown land which can only be accessed through private property. There used to be access from one of the bays that a private owner allowed until a couple of snow-machines were stolen and many buildings were vandalized (mine included). 

The only way to access this lake is through private property.