• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Thefishleclair

McIntyre River Closure

Thefishleclair

Terry Kosolowski April 14 at 2:11pm Reply

MNR has just temporarily closed to fishing two pools on the McIntyre River (Rainbow Pool and Chair Pool) due to extremely low water conditions causing the fish to stack up and be VERY vulnerable to fishermen and poachers. MNR presence on the river will be very high for the remainder of the spawning run. Thank you to the... CO that brought the problem to the attention to senior MNR staff who acted immediately. Much appreciated.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest April
Terry Kosolowski April 14 at 2:11pm Reply

MNR has just temporarily closed to fishing two pools on the McIntyre River (Rainbow Pool and Chair Pool) due to extremely low water conditions causing the fish to stack up and be VERY vulnerable to fishermen and poachers. MNR presence on the river will be very high for the remainder of the spawning run. Thank you to the... CO that brought the problem to the attention to senior MNR staff who acted immediately. Much appreciated.

where are these 2 pools on the river i was just about to go out to mcintyre i dont know the names of the pools.

Guest TerryK
where are these 2 pools on the river i was just about to go out to mcintyre i dont know the names of the pools.

April: The pools will be posted with signs.

Fishbum
What about the people with status cards?

Ya everyone!!!! should stay out of these pools...its not fair to fisherman, and especially the fish!..beside its to easy and not even hardly fun when they are like this...leave the fish alone to do their thing and ensure better future fishing for years!! Great job mnr!!

Domer

I was just wondering. Could the MNR have closed the walleye fishery in the savanne river at Lac De mille lac if they thought it was at risk just like the steelhead?

Dom.

Guest Walleye Man
I was just wondering. Could the MNR have closed the walleye fishery in the savanne river at Lac De mille lac if they thought it was at risk just like the steelhead?

Dom.

I was thinking the same thing. Could of avoided another slaughter.

Snotrocket
Serious?

Very, I was there today didn't fish it but there was plenty of other people trying their luck there regardless of the signs.

Guest flyinfinn

lac was far from being a slaughter, sure there was some fish caught but 95% of the fish being caught were small males. As for the number of boats and fisher men in my opinion there would of been more ice fishing if there was still ice.

Guest TerryK
Very, I was there today didn't fish it but there was plenty of other people trying their luck there regardless of the signs.

Did you point out the signs to them? No? Why not?

I did just that today and the people packed up and left. On that not, anyone thinking of fishing these closed areas be warned. COs WILL be there and I'm sure charges could be laid.

Phil
lac was far from being a slaughter, sure there was some fish caught but 95% of the fish being caught were small males. As for the number of boats and fisher men in my opinion there would of been more ice fishing if there was still ice.

I agree 100%

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Disgusting, I won't even go back to the Mac this season. The ignorance is unbelievable, there were numerous people trying to snag fish in the pool right above the closed one. I told at elast 4 people to give it a ******* rest and stop messing with the fish. They were walking from pool to pool snagging, or spooking the fish. I seen the MNR there but their presense isn't scaring people much. If your dragging a huge daredevle through these pools and reefing on it everytime you feel pressure you should get the f*** off the rivers. This pisses me off so damn much, and there's not a thing I can do. I lost fish because off these snaggers getting hung up on rocks on the bottom and than spending 15 mins trying to get un snagged. Cut your line, get out of the middle of the run, and stop throwing a huge chunk of metal at these fish. One guy was using just a treble hook fit for pike with a huge weight right above it, and a spawn sac on the hook. He doesn't fool me and I let my feeling be heard. Needless to say, I most likely didn't make too many friends on the river yesterday.

Brodie K.

friedfishy
Disgusting, I won't even go back to the Mac this season. The ignorance is unbelievable, there were numerous people trying to snag fish in the pool right above the closed one. I told at elast 4 people to give it a ******* rest and stop messing with the fish. They were walking from pool to pool snagging, or spooking the fish. I seen the MNR there but their presense isn't scaring people much. If your dragging a huge daredevle through these pools and reefing on it everytime you feel pressure you should get the f*** off the rivers. This pisses me off so damn much, and there's not a thing I can do. I lost fish because off these snaggers getting hung up on rocks on the bottom and than spending 15 mins trying to get un snagged. Cut your line, get out of the middle of the run, and stop throwing a huge chunk of metal at these fish. One guy was using just a treble hook fit for pike with a huge weight right above it, and a spawn sac on the hook. He doesn't fool me and I let my feeling be heard. Needless to say, I most likely didn't make too many friends on the river yesterday.

Brodie K.

Perhaps some people just don't know any better? Not sure if ignorance or give it a ******** rest is an answer, might just make you look like an rear end, when in fact your in the right. Explain to people, if they are still ignorant, then tell them how it really it is.

Personally I wouldn't know what setup to use if I went out there, although I would have a bit more common sense it seems. If someone was pissed at what I was using, and were just being ignorant, i'd probably keep doing it just be an mule in return.

It's funny, we can all vent on here, but those that don't have a clue, are not even near this site to learn anything.

FF

Guest troutsandy
Perhaps some people just don't know any better? Not sure if ignorance or give it a ******** rest is an answer, might just make you look like an rear end, when in fact your in the right. Explain to people, if they are still ignorant, then tell them how it really it is.

Personally I wouldn't know what setup to use if I went out there, although I would have a bit more common sense it seems. If someone was pissed at what I was using, and were just being ignorant, i'd probably keep doing it just be an mule in return.

It's funny, we can all vent on here, but those that don't have a clue, are not even near this site to learn anything.

FF

I really dont think you can defend those people who are doing that, they must have some morals that tell them what they are doing is not right...and you know what it gives all fishermen a bad name when people see or hear of these things taking place. Have a little dignity and give the fish a fighting chance for whats its worth.

friedfishy
I really dont think you can defend those people who are doing that, they must have some morals that tell them what they are doing is not right...and you know what it gives all fishermen a bad name when people see or hear of these things taking place. Have a little dignity and give the fish a fighting chance for whats its worth.

Dont get wrong... the pool thing is redick!

Snotrocket
Has a little something to do with respect for our fisheries.

You show have seen the people there a day ago, but I still think there would be a argument with the sign saying 25 yards from the dam

tbayboy

thanks to everyone involved who made this happen. In my opinion this should of happened a couple of years ago..those two and a couple more are just slaughter holes/runs. Seems there are more fishermen than fish these days! Can't keep the dream a secret forever.

Chuck

The Mac should be closed every year at this time and used for educational and stocking purposes with viewing windows at the ladder and rearing ponds and such, all sponsered by the university and the NSSA ..People would come from everywhere to see a jewel like that right in town... "WAKE UP Chuck your dreaming again" It's Thunder Bay people just want free meat and seeing you can ride a bike, walk or take the 5 min drive to it.. the slaughter will continue

That"s all I got to say about that

Git "er done

Guest Mad Trapper

This comes down to simple logic. When you see fish vulnerable like this you do not exploite them.

I'm sorry but, the "I did not know excuse is just that a very lame excuse".

I say to the MNR good work and charge those people with not enough sense to understand, then perhaps the logic will set in.

I am happy to see the posts in support on the temporary closure, this is evidence of the fact that most people that fish are interested in keeping this sport going forever.

MT