• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Thefishleclair

McIntyre River Closure

Guest river rat

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you CAN do something about illegal fishing activities. Everyone has a cell phone these days and the simple solution is to just call the MNR's TIPS line when you see someone doing something you deem detrimental to the fish/fishery. I have this number on the speed dial of my phone and I have used it. (this morning as a matter of fact). They WILL respond. To avoid a confrontation I recommend you not approach the would be offender. Let the COs do their job.

If everyone does their part, many big problems could become small ones!

The Ministry of Natural Resources has a Turn-in-Poachers (TIPS) hotline for reporting fishing infractions.

<b>1-877-TIPS-MNR (847-7667)</b>

Each year the Ministry of Natural Resources lays between 8,000 and 10,000 charges for natural resource violations. Abuse of our natural resources reduces opportunities for everyone and threatens the future sustainability of these resources.

The toll-free TIPS-MNR reporting line provides a direct line for the public to report resource violations to the ministry 24 hours a day, seven days a week from anywhere in Ontario.

i will say this its been a year well more than a year since..lol..but refering to this past spring on the mac,i was fishing at rainbow falls started at 5am,by 9 am i had not one but three different discusions with three different gentle men,the first was co,under cover,plain clothes,carrying a camera,he approached observed for a couple mins,during that time engaging in friendly conversation,after five mins past,he pulled out a badge,identified him self and asked for my licence,long story short he asked if anyone i witnessed keeping any fish,i had not,i took two big females my self but that was it..lol..i was alone ,ten mins later a second one approached in uniform,again requesting a licence,same deal same questions on he went,twenty mins later a third gentleman,approached me at this time there were three other ppl showed up,he purposly walked up to me said iam mnr by the way,and asked me if i wanted free hooks and so on..well ofcourse..lol..he handed me some hooks a couple floats said its a token for the good fisherman out there and left,after handing somple scale sample envelopes,to the guy across from me they knew each other by name,iam not sure that the third guy was a co,or just employee,either way my point here is...for those of you out there that do break the law,beware there are there and they are watching...good to see..i must admit i was a little put out by the second guy,only because i was tryin to fish and just did that mins before..lol..but i live to tell the experence..lol..great job mnr and steelhead assocation...

Guest Headhunter

Well said river rat. I was also out a bit on the Mac this spring and had multiple run ins with COs on the same day... I enjoyed the experience actually. They were very friendly and were willing to give info aswell. Not like some of the COs ive run into other places. very impressed with their presence and attitude.

Guest TerryK

i was obv just very eager to attain info, obv i do care, i went to the prosvita looking for the NSSA meeting november 10th and 17th and noone knew what i was talking about (i work next door at hands on car wash) Terry if you reallly wanna keep rubbing my past stupid comments in my face O.K. but i do plan on joining so if you could help by contacting me [johnaaronschmidt@gmail.com or by phone 2851928]

thanks john

Not sure what you mean about rubbing your face in n your comments, but you were making assumptions about the NSSA and I was merely clarifying that those assumptions were false. All of our meetings are well advertised on our website and members get a mailout and also an email before each meeting. We are a TBF site sponsor and our website link is on TBF, or you can just do a browser search for North Shore Steelhead Association. All of our contact information is available there. There is even a pdf download of the membership application form.