• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Skol_Vikings

Lake Superior Provincial Park

Skol_Vikings

I was wondering if anyone has been to Lake Superior Provincial Park and which campground is the best to stay at for fishing. There is a choice between Agawa Bay, Crescent Lake, and Rabbit Blanket Lake. I understand some lakes are stocked with brook trout but I was wondering which ones contain lake trout. Also, I will have to rent a canoe.

I will be heading there at the end of May.

Thanks for any info,

JM

Guest aanii84

I would reccomend Mijinemungshing. Beautiful lake with lots of specs and lakers. It is also easily accessible and there are lots of portages to some great lakes from this one. Good luck.

Fishbum
I was wondering if anyone has been to Lake Superior Provincial Park and which campground is the best to stay at for fishing. There is a choice between Agawa Bay, Crescent Lake, and Rabbit Blanket Lake. I understand some lakes are stocked with brook trout but I was wondering which ones contain lake trout. Also, I will have to rent a canoe.

Thanks for any info,

JM

Hey I am actually from just north of the soo but moved here a year ago....agawa bay is right on L. superior and there aren't any inland lake close by..plus it is right near the HWY rabbit balnk is okay..never fished there before but there are lots of smaller lakes close by....mostly specks....cresent lake is a real nice spot...far enough off the hwy, that lake has stocked specks in it, but also portage trails to other various small lake (good fishing)!!! but yes miginimunshing or (mijin) as locals call it is awsome fishing especially in the spring for lakers, as well as specks. you have to drive 12km into the lake( good road) and then there is the landing but there are numerous camping spots on island and mainland all over the lake you can canoe to....just watch cause its a bigger lake and can get windy. but the fishing is definatly worth it!....as well there are all kinds of potage trails into speck and laker lakes surronding the big lake.

Hope this helps!!

Skol_Vikings

Thanks for the info, sounds like there should be many good lakes to try. I think I'll probably try staying at Rabbit Blanket but maybe set up a trip into Miginimunshing as well.

Fisherman08

Thanks for any info,

JM

Gamadigama Lake is also a great producer of Lakers and Specs. No motoriszed watercraft allowed though, canoe only. You could camp at Rabbit Blanket Prov Park, beautiful park, just down the road from it. No live bait allowed as well. It is a long lake, and when the wind pick's up, and your at the far end, its a bugger to get back up to the launch. Oh you have to sign in and portage your canoe up a short distance to get to the launch.