• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
walleye seeker

North / South Fowl Lakes

walleye seeker

Heard the walleye fishing is excellent on these lakes.

Does anyone know which road will access these lakes?

Is there a boat launch on either lake?

Guest fishmasa

There is a boat launch on North Fowl Lake. I have only been in there in the winter and I don't believe the roads are marked.

walleye seeker
There is a boat launch on North Fowl Lake. I have only been in there in the winter and I don't believe the roads are marked.

Thanks!

I am going to head out there this weekend...if the forecasted rain holds off.

I will post how the fishing was.

tequila shooter

I was at North Fowl and South Fowl on May 22nd. The fishing wasnt that great, as there was a fly hatch on the water, and it was Sunny and not a breeze. We did however manage 21 Northerns fishing 6 - 12' of water. Only Walleye I got was going between South Fowl and North Fowl and caught it when it was windy and cloudy and in 3.5 ' of water. Go figure.

The landing at North Fowl isnt too bad, and the last km of road to the lake was a little rough. I cant remember what the main road sign said but something about something something Road 2.

Guest Walleye Man

I was also interested in trying these lakes can someone PM me the directions please.

Thanks

Kevin

Guest Wes

Be aware of the international border line. It is illegal to fish on the US side of the lake then cross back into Canada. A friend of mine, who is a immigration officer at Pigeon River, tells me of regualr patrols during the summer months and that ignorance is no excuse. BIG troubles if caught.

I did OK in South Fowl, near the island at the entrance, a couple years ago. I would go back.

Wes

Guest IGFA

There is a dirt launch there. It is a pain to get there, I suggest going with someone who knows how to get there.

Guest jackfish pete

The access is at North Fowl Lake. It can be confusing. If you end up in a tangle of logging roads, you missed your turnoff from Pit Road. Someone painted 'Lake' on some of the trees, this will keep you on course at first. The put-in point is a weedy bay full of hammer handles-you'll know when you're there. Try fishing in deep water off rock points, and stay OUT of American waters.