• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bear

SSS

Bear

With the SSS just a few weeks away, I am really surprized the smack hasnt started yet.

I originally had to back out but managed to get a repreive to attend. I look forward to seeing everyone.

BB

GC 54

...just waiting for Zimmer to cast the first 'stone' ^_^

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Guest flyinfinn

I'm too new at this bass game to start talking smack but i am looking forward to the tournament. B)

Bear

If he does not get that motor fixed he may be casting from shore.

BB

Guest JEG67

He's too busy casting on the lake.........from what I've seen.

With the lake still 2 feet down, bass are not in some of their usual haunts.

Some Old Guy

I'll cast the first stone.

Here's how I see it going down.

You have Andy Colla and Antti Kokanan fishing the tournament on separate teams. I see one of them bringing in big fish on either day. For some reason these two guys can catch big fish.

I see the brothers Friday bringing in good bags on both days. Cory and Dill will be hammering some good fish. The Rissanan Brothers will be doing their thing, which I don't know what the hell it is but I see them bringing in good bags. Team Clark, I think will be bringing in a couple of good bags also.

Fragale and Bohonis, late commers in the S.S.S. will be a force. Veihbeck and Cain...... Scary thought there. They'll be two to really watch out for. Bear and his partner are also two to be wary of.

Arnott and Monkman. Somehow they are clanging in my head.

Now to Team Zimak. I see Trev and his Dad doing very well day one. Day two I see him with a huge bag of bass. 17 pounds plus and even maybe big fish of the tournament in that bag as well. But I also see Tevors boat breaking down and him not being able to cross the finish line day Two!!!

Ha Ha!!!! Just having fun with all of ya and don't take my predictions seriously. I'm just a lowly wiegh guy and the weights will be what they'll be!

Have fun.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Derek Campbell

Hey Roger,

I think some boys from Atikokan might have something to say about your list.

Zimmer has too be feeling the most pressure, He hasn't stopped prefishing since ice out .

Well my team hasn't even been out bass fishing this year, we just hope to grab a bass or two or three.

Derek

Some Old Guy

Ahhhh the teams from Atikokan. Considered these I did not. Do well they might.

That was a Yoda impression!

You say good-bye I say Alhoe!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Monks

You have Andy Colla and Antti Kokanan fishing the tournament on separate teams. I see one of them bringing in big fish on either day. For some reason these two guys can catch big fish.

I see the brothers Friday bringing in good bags on both days. Cory and Dill will be hammering some good fish. The Rissanan Brothers will be doing their thing, which I don't know what the hell it is but I see them bringing in good bags. Team Clark, I think will be bringing in a couple of good bags also.

Fragale and Bohonis, late commers in the S.S.S. will be a force. Veihbeck and Cain...... Scary thought there. They'll be two to really watch out for. Bear and his partner are also two to be wary of.

Now to Team Zimak. I see Trev and his Dad doing very well day one. Day two I see him with a huge bag of bass. 17 pounds plus and even maybe big fish of the tournament in that bag as well. But I also see Tevors boat breaking down and him not being able to cross the finish line day Two!!!

Ha Ha!!!! Just having fun with all of ya and don't take my predictions seriously. I'm just a lowly wiegh guy and the weights will be what they'll be!

Have fun.

Roger

Well thanks for the "clang" Roger. I have only fished the lake twice but I look forward to fishing with Bill, and cashing a cheque. Hey, I figure if Zimmer has too pre-fish all summer to be a brides maid how hard can this lake be :lol: .

I have to throw team Clark out of the mix as they are now Flaming and much too flashy. As for Cory and Dill they will catch, but lose the big one as always.

I think the Rissanan boys will enjoy second place, and Sawatsky and Puska third. As for first Bill and I will be happy to sign after the tourny.

Looking forward to another great tourny, and a solid serving of BS.

Cheers

Bottom Bouncer

I'll jump in and say, why would anyone waste a perfectly good Walleye weekend BASSSS fishing. :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway...because this is the first year for a 2 day tournament I think it will change things a lot. I'm going to say the..." Bass Whisperer" Tommy Lane will be a really tough team to beat. I can say Zimmers boat was running strong yesterday and all is well. Look out for team Zimak to put on a clinic day one and two. :)

REELBAIT

Trevor Zimak

Have fun.

Roger

Well I had a big book typed out, but decided not to post it.... However;

Roger, you are smoking crack!!! :wacko::wacko:

Another point of interst.... Shebandowan got close to 100mm of rain in 12 hours last night. Water is up about 8-10 inches in upper since saturday night.

Bear
Well I had a big book typed out, but decided not to post it.... However;

Roger, you are smoking crack!!! :wacko::wacko:

Another point of interst.... Shebandowan got close to 100mm of rain in 12 hours last night. Water is up about 8-10 inches in upper since saturday night.

So you are prefishing upper?

BB

Bill Arnott

BB

:lol::lol:

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

Trevor Zimak

BB

www.Googlemaps.com and type in Kash River Resort...

Guest Cory
Well thanks for the "clang" Roger. I have only fished the lake twice but I look forward to fishing with Bill, and cashing a cheque. Hey, I figure if Zimmer has too pre-fish all summer to be a brides maid how hard can this lake be :lol: .

I have to throw team Clark out of the mix as they are now Flaming and much too flashy. As for Cory and Dill they will catch, but lose the big one as always.

I think the Rissanan boys will enjoy second place, and Sawatsky and Puska third. As for first Bill and I will be happy to sign after the tourny.

Looking forward to another great tourny, and a solid serving of BS.

Cheers

Lose the Big one as always? Now Now. I have had some tough ones there in the past during the tournament but if i remember correctly the Big one got weighed last year. And was the kicker to help us win the event. I think the Big fish monkey is officially off our back and the future looks bright.

You have alot of faith in the Bass Masters Clan. Well except for Zimmer and Clark. I think it will be an interesting couple of days. I think it could be a difficult second day for those teams that dont have spots off the beaten path. I would predict a combination of local teams and a few of the tournament regulars will battle for the win. After day one, there will probably be at least 20 teams in the hunt with weights between 11 and 15 pounds. And the winner will weigh a 14+ pound bag day two. No prediction on the winner but i wouldnt be going if i thought i was donating. ;)

Good luck Monks and remember. There is nothing wrong with second. :P

Gone8to1248

Due to the fact that nobody is following the rules of the board with this thread I will shortly be moving it to the Appropriate Link.............under JOKES!!! :P:lol::P:D

If I were a farmer I would definetly know where to get my BS from!!!!! Sorry I wont be up there for the Tournament but you all have fun and be safe. On a personal note if you find any bread crumbs on the water please do not disturb them.....otherwise Trevor would never find his way back up to Upper Shebandowan!!! LOL :lol:

Bernie

gone8to1248

Trevor Zimak
Lose the Big one as always? Now Now. I have had some tough ones there in the past during the tournament but if i remember correctly the Big one got weighed last year. And was the kicker to help us win the event. I think the Big fish monkey is officially off our back and the future looks bright.

You have alot of faith in the Bass Masters Clan. Well except for Zimmer and Clark. I think it will be an interesting couple of days. I think it could be a difficult second day for those teams that dont have spots off the beaten path. I would predict a combination of local teams and a few of the tournament regulars will battle for the win. After day one, there will probably be at least 20 teams in the hunt with weights between 11 and 15 pounds. And the winner will weigh a 14+ pound bag day two. No prediction on the winner but i wouldnt be going if i thought i was donating. ;)

I dont why I get dragged into things all the time, but my advice to you Cory is.... make sure the wheel is down and locked when you disconnect the boat next time, or wear steel toe sandals.

To win this year you will need at least 13.75lbs after day one to be in the hunt for first and around 11.00lbs to stay in the hunt for a cheque. I dont see anyone cracking 30lbs for two days. But, if you can get 29lbs you will have a good chance at winning.

Monks

Ah Second, I would be happy with that. Had the pleasure of fishing on Shebandowan today as my Birthday present to myself, the rain stopped just as I launched and as I was driving to no where as I had no idea where to go I saw the first school of surfacing bass. Pulled up first cast, fish on nice bass, second cast same. The day proceeded nicely lots of fish nothing too big but it was a great day with action all day. But as we all know pre-fishing always seems so easy.

I definitely need to get on this lake more often, lots of water and structure. And if I say I caught I largie who would believe me?

I think 28-30 lbs wins.

Guest JEG67

Spent the day prefishing myself and saw one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Two large smallies followed a rap up to the boat, then from the deep water a 25 " walleye hits the rap like a freight train, as I get the walleye close to the boat, one of the bass smashes into the walleye. One of the craziest things I've seen.

I sparked some interest in a few big smallies but could only hook up to the little ones today. New strategy tomorrow LOL.

On another note, the lake has been rising since Saturday and is getting closer to normal mid-summer levels with surface temps 77 deg in lower bays today.

Bear

I had a guy from Thunder Bay in the shop today gettting his Minn Kota fixed, he mentioned the SSS and said that team 62 has it wrapped up already and the rest of us are fishing for second. I was also told that this team would have won the SFBC should he have had a better partner and would have fished it .... would have won by 5lbs apparently. Says he is not in the tournament but knows a lot of bass fishermen from Thunder Bay.

Just what I was told. Who is team 62 anyways?

Bear

NWO
I had a guy from Thunder Bay in the shop today gettting his Minn Kota fixed, he mentioned the SSS and said that team 62 has it wrapped up already and the rest of us are fishing for second. I was also told that this team should have won the SFBC should he have had a better partner.... would have one by 5lbs apparently. Says he is not in the tournament but knows a lot of bass fishermen from Thunder Bay.

Just what I was told. Who is team 62 anyways?

Bear

Don't worry about the others Bruce, you know that.

It's like a busy day at work.....put your head down and don't worry about the laze-abouts and slackjaws!

Guest curls

If I have anything to say/do about it, my bro and I will be finishing at the top. If there's a largie in the lake, I'll find it. If there's a fat 5+ smallie in the lake, I'll find that too. :)

Gone8to1248

Just how many 1st places are in this tournament? It seems to be getting pretty crowded at the top! :unsure:

gone8to1248

Gone8to1248

On a personal note, my money is on gone fishin' and his partner finishing up in the money! Like as in firsst place with the rest of you! :P

Bernie

Guest Melly
If I have anything to say/do about it, my bro and I will be finishing at the top. If there's a largie in the lake, I'll find it. If there's a fat 5+ smallie in the lake, I'll find that too. :)

Talk about feeling a little to confident , I would be terrified if I was a smallmouth in shebs ! hahah