• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bear

SSS

Guest curls
Talk about feeling a little to confident , I would be terrified if I was a smallmouth in shebs ! hahah

Without confidence, one won't catch anything but a cold. :)

Trevor Zimak

I think there are a lot of teams that may be in the tournament just for fun and out to have a good time and don't really care where they end up; just hoping to bag a few fish. As for the other half... these guys are entering to come in the money or win (myself included) and probably wouldn't enter if they thought they didn't have a chance at the money.

Personally, I dont care what kind of talk happens, smalk talk is always good for a laugh. But, no matter how many fish you caught prefishing, lost in the tournament (my favourite), who you fished with, what boat you have, and who knows what other story people come up with, the scale always gets the last laugh.

On another note, JE67, how did you make out today... fair any better?

GC 54

I shared my boat on July 1st with Zimmer at the BASS club's tournament on Hawkeye. Neither of us would 'show our cards', maybe that's why we ended fourth. :rolleyes: And I know for a fact that he has trouble landing large smallies, I witnessed the 'live release' of a big bass and the; well lets just say the frustration, for lack of better words, when he lost that fish. I tried to comfort him by telling him that it would be bigger next year. :unsure:

However, justice is truly served at the scale. If we speak to Roger nicely, he might be able to serve some crow as well.

And don't forget about the rules meeting prior to take off, so get there early enough to launch and have your boat inspected and receive your loot bag. Also, remember there is a draw for a Humminbird sonar at the end of the weigh-in on Sunday. You MUST be present at the time of the draw to be eligible to win that sonar.

See you there!

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Bear

You are right, it all happens at the scale. Good luck to all. Have fun and be safe.

This is my favorite tournament, great fishery, great people and very well run. Should be lots of fun, the long term forecast is looking good.

Should be a blast.

BB

P.S. I too have witnessed Zimmer live release a big bass at the side of the boat. Also I have to wonder if he was showing all he had at the Bronzeback last year or if he was holding out on me?

Hmmmmm.....

Guest JEG67

Well, I'm still new to this competitive bass fishing deal, but I have noticed a couple of things..........the same few characters are always near the front ( at Shebs anyway )....and the guys usually doin the most beakin are usually very humble come weigh in.

I myself, spend countless hours on Shebs(probably more than Trevor even) learning how to fish bass. I'm a sponge for info whenever anyone is talkin bass, I watch where the big names are fishing, I read countless articles on bass fishing AND STILL I'm probably not alot of competition for the big names unless I have a lucky day. Having said that, I'm probably in the half of guys mentioned earlier that are havin fun, hopin for a descent bag and tryin their best to get better.

Didn't fair much better today Trevor. Lots of 14-16" , couldn't get anything big hooked up. Few big ones bumped raps and top waters but that was it. Plan C tomorrow.............

Jeff

Bill Arnott

Is time to leave for Shebs yet? :P

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

Guest Cory

I cant wait to go to Shebs. My family and my brothers family make it an annual trip and spend a week at Kashabowie River Resort. Awesome owners and a great place to stay. Very clean and we all know the fishing is great. Good luck to all the teams and if you are in the area stop by the lodge for a pop. If you think the BS on here is good, with ten teams staying at the resort each year, the campfire usually has a few epic battles of untruths. :)

Trevor Zimak
I cant wait to go to Shebs. My family and my brothers family make it an annual trip and spend a week at Kashabowie River Resort. Awesome owners and a great place to stay. Very clean and we all know the fishing is great. Good luck to all the teams and if you are in the area stop by the lodge for a pop. If you think the BS on here is good, with ten teams staying at the resort each year, the campfire usually has a few epic battles of untruths. :)

I am hoping Boomhower makes an appearance again this year! :lol: :lol:

Monks

Part of the fun, having a good BS session with all the folks you met over various tournies, looking forward to making this an annual tourny, and the campfire!!!. If of course Arnott does not fire me this yr, but time will tell. :blush:

Some Old Guy

Hi all,

Please just remember me sitting at the boat launch all by myself making sure no one rips off the equipment at the site...................

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bear
Hi all,

Please just remember me sitting at the boat launch all by myself making sure no one rips off the equipment at the site...................

Roger

We are staying at Beda's, we will come over for a visit, bring hot chocolate, cookies, ...................................

BB

Some Old Guy

Thanks Bruce

!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Monks
Hi all,

Roger

I will come by and say hi, thanks for the commitment, we all appreciate it.

seppi

Bear, I think Roger had some wobbly pops in mind,not hot chocolate !!!! Just an educated guess,but I would put money on it !!! :lol::lol:

Seppi