• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
oneshot

Working or not

oneshot

Was wondering if the new rules were working , Marks, Nelson etc. Is it possible to get a nice camping spot or are the good spots taken for the summer as usual. How's the fishing been at the lakes close to town. Any input would be appreciated as we don't have the vacation time we used to have :angry2:

Guest Abonazzo

Not as many trailers parked on prime spots at Nelson. Although is was packed there last weekend, we had to camp at the cut just up the road with many others. On a whole from what i have seen this year the new rules are being followed. As a tent camper im all for it :) ... but im sure many would beg to differ.

AB
Not as many trailers parked on prime spots at Nelson. Although is was packed there last weekend, we had to camp at the cut just up the road with many others. On a whole from what i have seen this year the new rules are being followed. As a tent camper im all for it :) ... but im sure many would beg to differ.

Last year the parking / camping area at Fraser was stuffed w/ vacant 5th wheels etc the day before the annual tournament. This year if you came in on Friday evening, the day before the derby, there was room for everyone.

If the intention of the new rule is "use it or lose it", I think it's worked out to everyones benefit.

If you had previously parked at a spot and used it on an inconsistent basis, well to bad for you. A campground is for camping out, not a storage area.

Under the new guidelines, your chances of finding a decent to great spot to set up camp for a few days are much better then they used to be.

just the observations of a car camper,

iceman

Guest Walleye Man

Definately working at Athelstane didn't have any vacant campers there.

Phil

Definately working at Athelstane didn't have any vacant campers there

Hey Kevin, How was the fishing? The road? PM me. Thanks

fishman1

just returned from athelstane and i must say, i couldnt believe it. there were only 3 units parked there. great to see. YES THIS IS WORKONG.

Guest wardman

just came back from fraser from camping and fishing this weekend, there was only one other unit with some one in it and one camper that was empty all weekend, had the campsite basically to ourselves the whole weekend, couldn't believe it, I would say it is working for the better, lots on day fishermen coming in

66blackhawk
Was wondering if the new rules were working , Marks, Nelson etc. Is it possible to get a nice camping spot or are the good spots taken for the summer as usual. How's the fishing been at the lakes close to town. Any input would be appreciated as we don't have the vacation time we used to have :angry2:

athlstane-2 units on friday-both camping,today-ghost town-nobody-2 daytrippers.

oneshot

Thanks for everyones input on this and I'm likein what I hear. Was in to Nelson on Saturday just to check it out, 7 units ALL with campers present. I heard the Mnr have been around to tag alot of campers this year and It seems to be working. Thanks to them and keep up the good work, maybe these squatters are starting to realize that those spots are meant to be shared.

Guest drk

Now all they have to do is add Arrow to the list. That place is still a disappointment every time we go in there. Every spot taken and only 30% of the people actually using it. Not to mention that when they do decide to obey the 21 day rule all they do is swap spots with someone else. Is there a reason why they failed to post the new rules at this park? I for one do hope that they will be adding more parks to they're list in the near future.

Garbie
Now all they have to do is add Arrow to the list. That place is still a disappointment every time we go in there. Every spot taken and only 30% of the people actually using it. Not to mention that when they do decide to obey the 21 day rule all they do is swap spots with someone else. Is there a reason why they failed to post the new rules at this park? I for one do hope that they will be adding more parks to they're list in the near future.

I don't know for 100%, but I believe it has something to do with it being a provincial park. I think at a park it is 23 days in one spot with no rule on how far you have to move. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Guest drk
I don't know for 100%, but I believe it has something to do with it being a provincial park. I think at a park it is 23 days in one spot with no rule on how far you have to move. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

You could be right, and if that's the case the hell with that park. :P You'll never get a spot in there.

Guest drk

Correction. Sign says 23 days within a "calendar" year, within the park.