• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

2010 Shebandowan Smallmouth word of thanks!

Some Old Guy

To Everyone,

I'll let you know my thoughts.

Tom Friday: He has the task of running around collecting entry forms and fees. Then he organizes them and proceeds with the draws. Tom, as a lot of people know is an accomplished tournament fisherman and he has great and simple ideas that get the jobs done when we have limited space when using a public area.

George Clark: All I gotta say about this guy is he is a machine. If you want absolutely anything done he is the man. I don't know how the hell he does it.

Trevor Zimak: He's been there since this tournament started 6 years ago. He has taken what he likes about tournaments and implemented them into the S.S.S.

This tournament started as a concept of maybe it'll work in our region. It seemed like all towns around us had a tournament going on. So we (at the time was Davis Viehbeck, Trevor Zimak and myself) decided a 40 boat limit and hoped for 25 teams. Well it exploded and we fooled around with different formats and we are where we are today.

Other past committee members that really should be noted and recognized are Sandro Fragle and Gord Ellis. The support that these two guys committed to the S.S.S. will be forever appreciated.

Now at this point I really want to thank the volunteers.

Jeff Williamson: He's the guy on the beach bringing you in and calling your weigh in ticket numbers and filling up the weigh bags. He's been there ever since we started. Thanks Jeff. You are a fixture in this tournament.

Danielle Gaudry: Thank you for weighing the fish this year. This was a new task for her and I thought she did a perfect job. Danielle has pretty much done every task there is. Maybe M.C. next year?

Lori Zimak: Thank you for all of your help that you have provided these past years. Lori is another person who has been volunteering since the inception of the S.S.S. Before we had the weigh board that we have this year, she had the job of designing the ones we used to use.

Susan Gaudry, Linda Vescio and Darlene Lane: I see you every year and you three ladies fill gaps that you see need filling and you complete the chain that would have been broken otherwise.

Jesse Slivinski: Number one, I KEEP FORGETING YOU ARE ONLY 14 years old!!!! (I'm still waiting for your Dad to "Come talk to me" Ha HA! Thank you Jesse for all the help you have given us!

Mean Gene Wade Okerland: How's your back? This is the man who rushed all the fish to the release zone and to the MNR. He was a major gear in the weigh in process. He was running with buckets of water and containers of fish during the whole weigh in process. If any of you anglers see him at a watering hole buy him a Smirnoff ice, he really really likes those.

Rebekka Reddon, Thank you for coming out and helping with weigh slips and the pictures and video. You were a great volunteer for the tournament and fit right in.

To Pat Beda and Jim Malcom. Thank you for finding the stage for us this year. My panic was settled in a mere 15 minutes.

To the MNR boys who were tagging the fish, I am willing to wager that every angler was very impressed with the job you guys did.

There were anglers who pitched also to help out, Antti and Brad along with Trevor had all the grass cut Friday afternoon! Thanks guys!

Well, basically thank you to all the anglers, volunteers and the people who came down to see the weigh in. Thank you all for making the S.S.S. happen!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!