• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest RagnaR

Public Launches & Campsites

Guest RagnaR

Just curious if anyone else is disgusted with the state of the local camp/boat launches? I stopped out at whitelily the other night just to check it out and throw my line in and it was NASTY. whats up with people leaving all their shtty tp and cans and plastic garbage all over this is also the case at a few other spots up 527 and west of town... I would hope that people would realize that it is their responsibility to keep a nice place nice, or do you just not go back because its getting dumpy?

any thoughts?

Guest Walleye Man

Agree 100% some people are just slobs. Unfortunately you just have to pick up other people's litter or else you will end up looking at it for years :(

eddylives

We have our regular haunts to enjoy camping and fishing etc. and regularly have to do a pile of house cleaning of the areas.

It usually requires a nice size fire to dispose of the majority of garbage.

Too bad it is so tough for the right people to catch the ones that have such disrespect for our public areas.

Some people are just pigs plain and simple , and should be treated as such.

I have had discussions with ministry CO's at the Dog River in the past when we are there and it looks like a garbage dump.

They seemed to be pleased when I would tell them to come back tomorrow and it will be cleaned up b myself and my children , a bonus to have little helpers lol.

Our current camping area is a prime target for the garbage leaving weekenders , leaving it up to us regulars to clean at the end of every weekend.

I can see this becoming a bigger problem if all areas go occupied only regulation in the future.

Many will just not care about the mess left behind as they are not staying for long.......

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Guest Wes
We have our regular haunts to enjoy camping and fishing etc. and regularly have to do a pile of house cleaning of the areas.

It usually requires a nice size fire to dispose of the majority of garbage.

Too bad it is so tough for the right people to catch the ones that have such disrespect for our public areas.

Some people are just pigs plain and simple , and should be treated as such.

I have had discussions with ministry CO's at the Dog River in the past when we are there and it looks like a garbage dump.

They seemed to be pleased when I would tell them to come back tomorrow and it will be cleaned up b myself and my children , a bonus to have little helpers lol.

Our current camping area is a prime target for the garbage leaving weekenders , leaving it up to us regulars to clean at the end of every weekend.

I can see this becoming a bigger problem if all areas go occupied only regulation in the future.

Many will just not care about the mess left behind as they are not staying for long.......

Thanks for what you and your children do. I do this myself as well. In the future, it can't hurt to walk around the camp and take down license plate numbers. This way you have a record of who possibly did it and the next time you are near a phone you can call it in. Big fines for crown land dumping.

Anyway, thanks again.

Wes

Canucker

Yep, what is up with that anyway? One of my pet peeves as well. These people really need a good kick in the a$$! I have hauled garbage bags of trash out of the launch at Garden and others. Never understood the mentality of people who think they can just leave their crap all over the place.

levi64

I always bring a garbage bag with me because through out the years i've seen it and just couldnt' take it anymore so i pick up what i can, we always do it when we leave a launch, most are not too too bad, unless you go into the bush around it and they all have garbage. We were at Athlestane and a guy tossed garbage right from the box of his truck when he launched. My friend is a big guy and he has a temper, well he lost it, the outcome was the guy picked it up and apoligized. I'm sure it was only because he was terrified but I'm sure he'll think about it if there is a next time.

Guest Ottis

We were in a walleye lake up spruce river road from about 4-9 the other night. Someone came in for about 2 hours while we were there and left. When we got back to the launch we found new garbage, including a tinfoil package of 4 baked potatoes. We also found pop cans thrown on the trail on the way out. We kept saying..who just throws their garbage out their window?

Since they didn't eat the potatoes I assumed there was also no fish to fry.... :P