• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gone8to1248

and the story continues.....

Gone8to1248

Now that I'm finally caught up with work I can finish the trip updates...

Walleyman came out for a day of fishing while I was at Kashabowie and we went out and checked out some of my spots. Because of some of the fronts that had passed thru the fish were deeper and the bite was a little slower than normal but he did get a nice limit of walleys to take home. He had a new way of fishing and I must say I was impressed with it and will add it to my ways of fishing next year with a couple of modifications When I switch over to Shebandowan for the last week of my stay we will meet up over there for a day of fishing.

A person I consider a good friend and great fellow fisherman came out for some days of fishing and that would be gone fishin". As I posted in an earlier post he got into some nice Bass and I believe the biggest one of his life while out fishing one day! One evenning while we were pitching crank baits and rubber worm he caught a bass and 4 other ones were trying to take his bait out of the bass's mouth as he was bringing it in!! Snowball was there one day while Doc was there and they both caught limits of walleyes that we took in and flleted out and had for diner that night, well 2 of us did anyway! LOL In 25 years of coming up there I have never eaten so many walleyes as I did on this trip. I always thought they came on a bun with a slice of cheese though!

Then the day out on the lake with the kids fishing against Stumped and Blindlikeabat, that will be a memory that will be filed away. To sit there and watch Larry and little Noah and Jesse go at it about who's spot it was and who's fish they were was a site to see! The first night at Kashabowie the kids came over to the cabin while Smackum and terry and I were out fishing and knocked on the door. Peny answered it and there stood all these kids holding fishing poles and asked if Bernie was there. In here mind she thought they had said "Can Bernie come out and play". LOL taking the kids out fishing is always one of the highlights of my trips up there. Next year I plan on coming up there for the AYA again and Noah and a girl named Cassy are going to be my partners and let me tell you now, they are both die hard fisherman! So beware! If you have never had the chance to be out with small kids and watch them catch fish left and right then you are really missing something. To see the smiles on thier faces is worth a million dollars.

We switched over from Birch Point Resort on Kashabowie to Bedas Lodge on Shebandowan the last week we were up there and fished with Walleyeman and Resource Pimp a couple of times when not in town site seeing. Walleyeman and I ran the lake up to the upper and played around for awhile and got into some nice bass and walleyes in a few spots whicjh I wont mention! LOL Walleye man wanted to know if I really catch bass on those big rubber worms I use and he got the chance to see they do work rather well. I almost had one take my rod right out of my hand with one strike in a nice place I found. Had just pitched the worm in and BANG it hit it.I lost it but could tell it was a rather large fish!

Resource Pimp and I went out one day and got it off and on with some rain but we did manage to get into some fish, when not retrieveing his lures out of the trees! All in all it was a good day on the lake.

We spent sometime in the area site seeing and made the trip up to Ouimet Canyon,Camp Quality,and Mount McKay. Of course there is always one of my favoriete places to stop and that is the Terry Fox Lookout Point, no trip is complete without that stop.

And last but not least, there was the day on the Nipigon river with Beamer! With the low water and water temps at 75 the trout fishing was dead! Randy managed to catch one sucker fish and that was it for both of use. This fish were to deep,Below 50 foot and we couldn't get to them! I did get to play with my new fly rod and it performed as it was suppose to and sank just great with that full sinking line I had on it. the trouble was there just wasn't any fish there. We did get some great pictures of the river that day though. I will be looking forward to coming back up there and going on the river with Beamer next year though.

All in all it was a great trip and I'll have fond memories of it for a longtime. Fishing and site seeing with some great people and people I'm and proud to call my friends. To all of you who helped make this a memorable trip, Keep a tight line and I'll see you all next year. To Karen and Gerald and the locals out at Kashabowie and Birch Point Resort thanks for a great stay. And to Resource Pimp (Pat) a specail thanks for the stay at Bedas Lodge and I recomend either of these places for a nice get away.

Tomorrow I head out for California and another trip will start............ DT I'll be seeing you soon!

Gone8to1248

Bernie

Guest Walleye Man

Had a great time fishing with ya Bernie. Maybe next year we will go out on Lake Nipigon and see if we can sink your rig ;)

Have a good time in California.

Kevin

Guest canuck

Bernie sorry we were unable to hook up. Hopefully next year will be better for us. Glad you had a great time again.

Shane