• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fishintbay

44lbs salmon?

Guest troutsandy

haha I saw that pic on there too...judging by the lack of effort that the kid is putting towards holding that fish up I would hardly give it 20lbs. There is no doubt its a nice salmon but 44lbs is at least double what it probably is hahaha

Guest troutsandy

annd I forgot to mention that salmon is spelt wrong and that doesnt do much to validate the story haha...44lbs Samon

Guest Dan

44 lbs would smash the Lake Superior record by about 12 lbs., according to a self proclaimed local record holder of Superior Salmon. Also the poster claims to have landed it by "HERSELF". She calls herself Janet. Nice fish Janet.

Castnblast
44 lbs would smash the Lake Superior record by about 12 lbs.

Looks like 27 - 28 give or take. Looks like the west coast river and fish in some weird way - or is that just me?

Guest Dan
Looks like 27 - 28 give or take. Looks like the west coast river and fish in some weird way - or is that just me?

Looks like an upper teens nip fish to me.

Some Old Guy

Ummmmm No. There is no way that this fish is 44 pounds. I stake my life on that. Man, people are always tring to add a 1/4 to a 1/2 pound more than what the fish really weighs. Unbelievable! :P

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

canadianyanke

maybe 20 pounds but i think its in the high teens

Bullshark

Dude, that's not 44lbs. Nice fish though.

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

AB
Dude, that's not 44lbs. Nice fish though.

If that's a Lake Superior fish @ 44 lbs, where are the little ones in the 20 lb range?

Something about this picture and claim are a little fishy, I think it has to much western exposure....

iceman

Wade O.

That's what I say too.....15-18lbs. No way that kid could one arm a 44lber.

Some Old Guy

Well maybe that kid Janet is 7'2" and weighs 56 lbs. Ya never know!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest fishinbuddy

Wouldn't that make the fish look bigger in comparison than it actually is Roger. I was thinking that he may be 7 feet tall or something...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sean

Guest troutsandy

thanks for the photo, you can clearly see the strain it takes to hold a 40 pounder up from that one

Guest Dan
Not even close. How big would you say this one is?

dsc00733d.jpg

I'd guess that you're holding about....... 14 lbs. of useless rotting flesh there Terry. You didn't actually weigh it, did you? Just so you know, the new John Street dump won't even take those things.

Guest TerryK
I'd guess that you're holding about....... 14 lbs. of useless rotting flesh there Terry. You didn't actually weigh it, did you? Just so you know, the new John Street dump won't even take those things.

I was thinking 14-15, but she was very thick across the back. And she really wasn't bad. Very strong and no bad spots on her body. The picture makes her look darker than she was.

Mykiss
Not even close. How big would you say this one is?

dsc00733d.jpg

Terry:

Is that not a fall spawning steelhead......if it was a salmon it would have an adipose fin clip !!