• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

So, about an ice fishing derby.

BIG SMOKE

I think that Silver Harbour would be a good spot. lots of parking, you know there would be a lot of fish caught and it is close to town.

Guest 247fishnhunt

http://icefishing.org/index.cfm

Just found this site that could be used as a template to organize an event in Thunder Bay. Watch the videos in order to get a real feel for the tournament. Everyone is out for the good time more then anything.

WalleyeWayne

Those rules are pretty straight forward, except for the pre-fish provision. That activity would have to be governed some how. Just imagine though that someone (or some people of course) have to pre-drill all those holes in that tournament in Brainerd :huh:

Chuck

Count me in I could use another first place trophy and the cash would be a bonus also :lol:

Git "er done

joks
Well this talk about an ice fishing derby has got me thinking.

Who will run it?

How much for entry.

Where?

How would it be run?

I have some ideas but there has to be an interest.

By interest I mean, I need at least 250 people responding and pretty much commiting here before I can even begin to put 2 and 2 together. So if you know people that would register and give input, let them know!!!

There's a possibility that this could be huge.

I now put it in your hands.

If the interest is there, I WILL BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!

Roger.

I found a crew to drill the holes... Should pick up the interest.

post-1030-1292978220_thumb.jpg

Guest Ol Big Moose

I`ve been to a few of these shindigs that our friend roger has put together and seen far too many of them fall down flat,this being said the money should be in before the derby is set to take place. This may weed out some of the fair weather fisherman and all the excuses about its too cold and all the other crap that nobody wants to hear about.(fishleclair i`d be happy to take yer cash again old friend)

Chuck

So I"ve been to a few Derby"s usually the holes are pre drilled sometimes in lines or in petals Line holes are selected in a first come basis and people take there fish in a container to be weighed with the largest of any spieces winning

Petals are 25 holes drilled in a flower pattern with the weigh station in the middle. Your fishing location is designated by drawing first your petal color and then your start location so your petals are colored and the holes are numbered.The horn sounds every 10 min and it takes 4 hrs and 16 min....you finish where you started

When you catch a fish of one spieces say (walleye) a runner will measure your fish. if it qualifies it gets taken to the weighin area where it is recorded

I sortta like the petal design idea We all get to meet and greet in the middle usually refreshments and such are located there also

Transportation to the site is usually on your own sometimes the event coordinator will find you a ride I even seen seven guys one sled and a sleigh make it there :lol:

Ticket prices? I"de be willing to spend a brown one or 2

Prizes are determined by ticket sales and sponsors with a set number of tickets to be sold (non redemable) too cold too bad , no huts depth fish or video finders also all Candle makers with 20 lb line and 4/0 hooks Welcome :lol:

Fishing location for a derby like this would be Lac... as to where on Lac Hmmm I fished four different derby locations and caught fish One derby 23 fish caught with about 250 entrants..... not so nice...an another 114 caught and 300 entrants not so bad

Silver harbour would also work for a derby ticket sales would probably do well due to it"s location . prices for tickets could also go down Ice conditions could be a major factor and mortality rates would make it a catch and keep derby for trout

Two day derby's (Forget about it) is it Wawa ur WAAH WAAH :D

Wanna learn about ice fishin checkout the Utube video Minnesotta My Favorite Ice Fishing

So ante up Put on yer man pants an lests go fishin Yup I"m in :D Chuck

Git "er done

Some Old Guy

I know everyone is biting at the bit to have this a go. I have been seriously thinking about it and have been researching. But as it's the holidays and such please give me till after the weekend.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!