• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

Did someone fart down south?

Some Old Guy

Once again gas jumps up in price!

Thunder Bay gas Retailers are all at the top of the list for the highest prices of gas in Ontario!

Now is it the gas retailers we get angry with or Mikus Fuels? This burns me big time!

Here's the link so you can see it yourself! Pretty much 20 cents higher!

I'm surprised they have finger nails left after gouging us this bad!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

eddylives

We are screwed here , stuck between a rock and a hard spot

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Some Old Guy

I guess we are but man, It goes up so fast then takes soooooo long to come back down. I thought there were politicians on some kind of monitoring committee?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

PRO V

Was in Dryden hunting the other day 102.00 there 111.00 here.

Mike

Guest jackfish pete

It's the suppliers who are to blame. Our gas stations actually make very small profits, if any. Mikus Fuels has a monopoly here, so they can get away with murder. If only our retailers could buy their gas from an American supplier (there's a lot of red tape around that), we would have lower prices AND the retailers would turn larger profits. Too bad in the eyes of most politicians, the Americans represent all evil and heaven forbif we allow them to supply us with cheap gas!

uncle

You can follow a tank truck loaded with gas from Winnipeg down to N.Dakota and buy the gas at a station there for $.77 a litre.

Resource Pimp

I don't know if its true, but I heard in coffee shop talk that Esso and Shell are keeping the prices jacked in Tbay untill they recoup the millions they were burned for in the Buchanon Forest bankrupcy. Anyone else hear that? I do remember the news from a year or so ago that each were owed over a mil by Buchanon.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

PRO V

I do not buy my gas at the big three, i know it's a tough thing to get everybody on the same page, but we should just boycott Esso, Shell, Petro %uck'em and buy our gas at the reserve ,and at the mom & pop shops around town. WE do have some power.

Mike

WalleyeWayne

I agree with PRO V. If you continue to buy it at their prices, they will continue to leave it as high as they can. Buy at one of the gas stations on the Rez for at least 10 cents a litre cheaper. There are line-ups out there for gas...but it eventually will send a message. I understand it isn't the doing of the retailers, but as a consumer you should be concerned with getting your best value.

smokerscully1

Every drop of gasoline in Minnesota, and I mean every drop, comes from Alberta!

Buck 120

The Mission reserve prices are about 19 cents a litre cheaper for non-status customers. THP and K&A gas bars are around 102.9

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Resource Pimp
If it's any consolation it went up .30 a gallon here last week

No, no consolation...lol $1.21 litre X 3.8 litres to a US gallon = $4.60 per gallon...............1.21 X 4.4 litres to a imperial gallon = $5.32................dollar is almost par. Whats your gallon price where you are? $3.07 ? :)

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Guest Whopper2
No, no consolation...lol $1.21 litre X 3.8 litres to a US gallon = $4.60 per gallon...............1.21 X 4.4 litres to a imperial gallon = $5.32................dollar is almost par. Whats your gallon price where you are? $3.07 ? :)

It's around $2.99 for regular unleaded at the moment

Guest hardcorefishn

84¢ a liter at Ryden's - that's with the exchange!! I'm saving $40 - $50 a week by buying my gas in the states...