• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nelson

Manager at DnR Sporting Goods

Bear

Now I agree with this one 100%. DNR's terminal tackle is competitive with Walmart and CT. And when I go to DNR I am usually very confident that they will have the size and colour I want. The only negative comment about DNR that I have is I do believe their reels and rods can come down a bit. Riverside Outdoors prices are on average 20-30 dollars cheaper.

-Zimmer

My, my, must need some ice to melt, we're full of it this morning......

Bear

Ask for Hal's Jigs

Gone8to1248

One thing you have to keep in mind about some of these big stores is that they don't STOCK all this stuff they sell. They do what is known as drop shipping it from the manufacture. So if Lowrance has an over stock of a certain fishfinder or GPS they can put them on sale and these big stores can sell them right off Lowrances shelf. Remember YOU can't buy from them direct and not all distriutors get this offer. I'm sure a $1000.00 unit didn't cost as low as $449.00 when it was first bought for resale. Also when you buy it down here and you live up there where do you take it for service? Besides when you shop at DNR you get to see Rogers smiling face looking back at you across the counter. Hell that has to be worth something! lol

gone8to1248

Some Old Guy

Please just don't say I have a purty mowth!

Someone just has to ask Stacey if they can smell his hair!!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha HA HA!!!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest TerryK

Someone just has to ask Stacey if they can smell his hair!!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha HA HA!!!

Roger

I was in there yesturday but I didn't have the stones to ask him! Maybe if you were there I would have.....then I could say "Roger paid me 10 bucks to ask you that!"

Trevor Zimak

I have been out of the loop for a while now... so I have no idea what is going with the hair thing. Roger and Stacey should have a competition to see whose hair can reach their waist first.

-Zimmer

Some Old Guy

I have had mine cut.......around Christmas. Stacey has the long hair now. Stacey won't be in til next week now. He's getting his hair done at first aid or something like that.

Roger

Guest fishingforreal

Now I agree with this one 100%. DNR's terminal tackle is competitive with Walmart and CT. And when I go to DNR I am usually very confident that they will have the size and colour I want. The only negative comment about DNR that I have is I do believe their reels and rods can come down a bit. Riverside Outdoors prices are on average 20-30 dollars cheaper.

-Zimmer

WoW! That Riverside Outdoors place is cheaper in prices and they are in Thunder Bay, will check them out soon. Nice :D

Guest Zen

I try and shop locally when ever possible. The big box stores like Wal-Mart tend to treat their customers like cattle herding them in to the various locations in the store. :(

Guest Big Moose

Yah but you'd be tossed out of walmart indefinatly for smellin someones hair unlike DnR where they'd just look at yah funny

Guest TeamCrestliner

I'm new to this board (my brother has been following it for a long time and finally convinced me to check it out). I felt I needed to chime in on this post in regards to DnR Sports.

I'm glad to hear that administration has changed to some degree at this specifc retail outdoors store in Thunder Bay. I have had several 'bad' experiences at this store which were localized to 1 or 2 specific staff members that were behind the counter. Both myself and my father in law were treated like we were idiots and not worth the 1 or 2 mintues of their time as they were busy working on other things behind the counter (ie building bolts, or going through various stock behind the counter).

My idea of customer service is that you STOP what your doing, and take a minute or two of your time to assist the customer in finding the correct product based on your expertise and experience. Nothing irritates me more then a staff member that doesn't even look at me when I'm talking to them and continues sorting stock or whatever and basically tells me to go elsewhere because they are busy.

Needless to say, I now shop 100% at GMK Armoury and TAO Archery for all my hunting needs as they treat the customers well, and when I'm in the states, I bring a list of all the tackle, rods, reels, and boating accessories that I have been wanting for the past several months and I purchase in bulk while I'm down there. I save hundreds of dollars doing so.

I have to say that both myself and my father in law have sworn to never return; however, Now that I know management has changed, and by the sounds of some of the posts that staff members at this outlet have also changed, I am glad I came on this board, as I may consider returning to purchase some items and see for myself if things have truely changed.

I will say that I agree with some of the members here in regards to their comments about shopping in the US. I have received many deals that would embarrass the price points in Northern Ontario. I do understand the increase in shipping charges for Northwestern Ontario but as one person pointed out on this board, 'you certainly aren't going to pay double for a product just because its local.'

Great board. Thanks for allowing me to express my opinion.

Bill Arnott

Welcome TC. :D

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

Jayfishin

I used to avoid the store also in years past due to certain individuals who didn't show much interest in selling me their stuff, but over the last couple of years there has been a significant improvement. Staff are very helpful and knowledgable. And there priceless have become alot more competitive. Keep up the good work, and hopefully it will help keep some money in the city, supporting this merchant.

Jay

Guest Madbowhunter

Roger

Alright Mr. Forehead....I mean Roger You keep telling all these guy's how great my hair smells but, uh you aren't telling them how you know this ......BIG GUY!!!!....Wink, Wink, LOL,LOL, And yes you do have a purty mouth.

P.S. It's berries and roots, LOL LOL

P.S.S. See you @ work on thursday......... Ha HA

P.S.S.S Don't worry Roger soon enough we will both be supporting a nice distinct comb over!!!!

Ha! HA! HA!

Some Old Guy

I'm already thinking of a comb over!

See ya Thursday.

Roger

Guest a nonny mouse

Speaking of Adrian.....is he having a shag this weekend? If so....wanna tell us where and when so we can get in on some good ol' DNR prizes?!?!?