• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fishog

Question about Lauries lakes???

Fishog

OK I have fish Lauries lakes over the years but never found Lauries #4.

eyelander
OK I have fish Lauries lakes over the years but never found Lauries #4. In the fish stocking guide it has lauries 1,2,3,&4 listed. So which one is 4?

I have included a map with what I always thought to be 1,2&3. Maybe I'm wrong so can someone shed some light on this for me.

Thanks

For some reason I got a double post here so someone delete one

thanks

2ld9ell.jpg

I have never been to any of them, but according to the Anglers Guide to Stocked Lakes, Lauries Lake # 1 is actually # 2, # 2 is #3, and #3 is #4. Who knows where #1 is.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Fishog

OK i'll go with that now hopefully someone can fill in where #1 is

and thanks for the reply

Guest Smack Um

Count 2,3,4,....and 1 is to the right just a little guy ok? see the MNR if you are not sure ;)

PJB

Fishog
Count 2,3,4,....and 1 is to the right just a little guy ok? see the MNR if you are not sure ;)

PJB

OK got it. I always wondered about that little pond. Thanks for the help

fu9a9t.jpg

Guest specky for breky
OK I have fish Lauries lakes over the years but never found Lauries #4. In the fish stocking guide it has lauries 1,2,3,&4 listed. So which one is 4?

I have included a map with what I always thought to be 1,2&3. Maybe I'm wrong so can someone shed some light on this for me.

Thanks

For some reason I got a double post here so someone delete one

thanks

2ld9ell.jpg

the lake you have marked as one is actually two(its the one with splake.....and i dont know the specific numbers for the rest of them but all i no is that the lake you marked as 1 has splake and the lakes you marked 2 and 3 have specs along with the lake directly south of the lake you marked as 2(so its one of the four lauries...you go from the one you marked as one to the lake you marked as 2, and from there you go to the lake you marked as three.....the other lake you didnt number i believe is acsessed from a trail off of the lake u marked as 1....i have been to all the ones you marked......where have you fished on these lakes and what time of year....how big were they too???im curious cuz i dont no many others that fish these lakes

Guest Smack Um

Lauries Lake #1 N48 14,991 W90 16,538 EL: 1671 ft distance from Lauries #4 0.6 Miles North East.

PJB

Fishog

Tried to get into Lauries this morning. Got to the old runway and unloaded the sled. There was one other truck there so I asummed they where fishing Lauries lakes also and thought good the trail must be open. As I went to find the new trail not the one that used to go straight up the mountain I was surprized to see the trail not broken yet. So thinking I'm still young enough to break trail off I went. Things went good till about 3/4's of the way up. The snow was like corn and not enough to cover the big rocks just before you get to the top. Spun out a couple of times and managed to back down to where I could turn around. Gave it up for now. Maybe someone else can break the trail all the way up but my big 580 liquid is just to big to start yanking around for a not so young man.

I have fished all three main lakes. Fished the first one you come to in the summer along the shores in a canoe. Used to be an old sports pal there that leaked like swiss cheese but hey it was summer time.

Fished the second one in the winter years ago by the south west cliff and caught some good size specs but not many.

Fished the third lake you come to many times and have done good most days but also have come out of there emty handed.

naden

Was in there yesterday and the trail was broke all the way in? You sure you were in the right spot

Fishog
Was in there yesterday and the trail was broke all the way in? You sure you were in the right spot

well yes I am dam sure I was at the right spot. The trail that was used last year for sure was not broke in. I'm not saying there is not another trial I dont know about so please inlighten me. Years ago we used to go straight up the mountain and then someone cut a trail just right of it going kinda sideways up the mountain and thats what I used last year. So your saying theres another way? Looking forward to your reply

Foozer

A couple years ago, we fished Lauries #2 (for splake).

We walked in the trail that goes straight up the mountain, and we walked to the small island across the lake on the right hand side.

That afternoon, guys coming from Lauries #3 passed by us, and left the lake heading southeast from the island.

We walked the same trail they used by machine. It was a long meandering trail down the mountain.

It came out several hundred metres further down the road from the landing strip.

Only used this trail once to leave, and that was a few years ago. Not sure what kind of condition it's in currently.

P.S. - I still haven't figured out how to post pics (go figure). It sounds easy enough...

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Fishog
It came out several hundred metres further down the road from the landing strip.

Yes Foozer thats one I tried to break trail on. If theres another way then i'm all ears. Like I said before there might be some other trail that i'm not aware of so please let us know.

Lyle Reiner

been up both in the summer, the one is damn near vertical, my atv didnt struggle, but i wouldnt want more then 1 person on one, so you dont roll lol

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

naden
well yes I am dam sure I was at the right spot. The trail that was used last year for sure was not broke in. I'm not saying there is not another trial I dont know about so please inlighten me. Years ago we used to go straight up the mountain and then someone cut a trail just right of it going kinda sideways up the mountain and thats what I used last year. So your saying theres another way? Looking forward to your reply

Ya the trail kind of meanders up the side of the mountain for a while........It starts just past the air strip on the left hand side. No one had gone on the trail that goes straight up from the airstrip

Guest jackfish pete
A couple years ago, we fished Lauries #2 (for splake).

We walked in the trail that goes straight up the mountain, and we walked to the small island across the lake on the right hand side.

That afternoon, guys coming from Lauries #3 passed by us, and left the lake heading southeast from the island.

We walked the same trail they used by machine. It was a long meandering trail down the mountain.

Only used this trail once to leave, and that was a few years ago. Not sure what kind of condition it's in currently.

P.S. - I still haven't figured out how to post pics (go figure). It sounds easy enough...

The easiest way is to make the picture an attachment. Some people use a site called "tinypic" or something like that. I find it easier to: 1)Save your pictures onto your computer's picture folder (or anywhere on the hard drive). 2)Click UPLOAD in the attachment editor box (directly below the box where you write your post). 3)Click 'browse'. 4) Find your desired picture. 5) Click 'attach files'.

It is very similar to attaching a file to an e-mail, only on this site, your picture will show (undersized) beneath your post. People can click to enlarge.

By the way, are there brookies in the Lauries Lakes or just splake?

Fishog

Depends on which one your fishing. First lake you come to has a splake. Still might be some specs in there but mostly splake.

Thanks for your reply naden. I have walked that trail in the summer but didnt know it went all the way into the lakes. Ill have to check it out.

Guest specky for breky

k lets settle the mystery of the two trails leading into lauries.....the only trail i have ever used or heard of is the one that is past the landingg strip, just past where the road splits....if you turn right, ur at larrys cabins....if you turn left you go up sandstone west road.....the trail i use is 10 meters down sandstone west road on the left and it comes out on lauries with splake where theres a blue 12 foot boat......is the trail you guys speak of different????...a few years back i tried to get in to lauries for the first time and i ended up down a trail on the left before the trail i now use...after walking about 45 minutes i came to a lake with no boat which i thot was lauries one....i kept going down the trail cuz there was no boat.....the trail became terrible swampy after about 3 hours of walking ....finally came to a lake with a tarp shelter and a boat......fished it and literally got a pike every cast.......definetly too far of a walk for pike hahaha....but my cousin said the lake used to hold specks way back wen.....anyways i was wondering if the first lake i saw may have been the lauries that is farthest left on a map....the one that no one seems to have been to.....also my cousn said he talked to a ministry buddy and he said the stocked fish in lauries are reproducing with the naturals or something along those lines.....and whats the biggest speck and splake out of lauries for you guys?.....and that sportspal is now at lauries three.....or maybe its a different sportspal

Fishog

OK I found my track log from my garmin GPS of last year. Looking at the map I posted here you can see the trail I used last year starts before the split in the road. No it is not going straight up the mountain as that trail is to the left of this one. So what i'm thinking is this. The trail I have tracked on the map is still tough going at the top and thats why I spun out when I tried this year. I'm guessing other people found a better way just past the split in the road that joins up with the trail on this map. Just a guess on my part as I have not been back to check it out.

Happy fishing in the New Year. B)

vpyqlw.jpg

As you can see when downloaded to google earth the tracks are seperate. The red arrow shows how far I got the last time I was out.

2i1ksjs.jpg

robbo

Hey there. I'm thinking of heading into the Lauries' this week and searched your old post here. Anyone been in lately? Trail and slush report would be handy. Need to decide whether to ride the big machine or the light one. The weather looks like almost march temps so fingers crossed that I actually get the chance to go! Probably fishing solo if anyone spots me out there.

going fishing is okay, going catching is great!

Guest specky for breky
Hey there. I'm thinking of heading into the Lauries' this week and searched your old post here. Anyone been in lately? Trail and slush report would be handy. Need to decide whether to ride the big machine or the light one. The weather looks like almost march temps so fingers crossed that I actually get the chance to go! Probably fishing solo if anyone spots me out there.

i went once this winter a couple weeks after the lakes froze...i can almost guarantee there isnt going to be any tracks on the trail....i dont know about the first way into the lake but the second trail would be very very hard to get a sled through this time of year...i always walk the trail with snowshoes.....it isnt that far....25 minutes? ....and i have driven by larrys cabins road a about 4-5 times in the last month or 2 and it was never plowed.....there was some old truck tracks but u would definetly need 4by4.....and u might not even be able to drive it depending on when they last plowed....let me no how u do

Guest Trognuts

There are 2 ways to get into the three main Lauries lakes.. you can either go straight up the mountain from the airstrip or you can take the small trail near the fork in the road going to Larrys cabins. The furthest lauries lake is a little more difficult to get into. you must go onto mud lake and follow it to the end .. there will be a trail to take through the bush.. its a pretty difficult trail .. than you will end up on a swamp.. you park your machine than climb up the mountain directly in front of you.. on top of that mountain is the furthest lauries lake (lauries #1 i think).. enjoy

Hunter

that is Lauries#1 it is on a mountain or hill buy it's self.had a sled on it many years ago

Guest specky for breky

wen u say mud lake do you mean the little one just east of the first lauries....just north of the beach at sandstone? so lauries one is northwest of that??can u drive to mud lake ???how long is it from larries road....is there no trail from lauries four to lauries one?

Hunter

no trail from 4 to 1 one is northeast of 4 the older trail that I used to get to 1in the winter went past someones camp.thats all I can tell you from my trips in to 1.honestly didn't think the fishing was any better then I do on 3.