• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

eddylives

Road kill

eddylives

I have the opportunity to pick up road kill moose and deer , possibly other animals.

Now what is the proper thing to do for transfer of animals and parts among friends and family.

Also it is an offence to allow it to waste but if we are attempting to recover as much as possible but in the process lose some to spoilage/damage etc. and dispose of it in a responsible manner will there be an issue?

All animals will be traceable to their point of orgin so this is not a problem.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

I ask because I see some of these animals go to waste or as bait and some have been nice clean kills.(believe it or not the clean kills are usually by transports lol , head shots

)

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Guest MNR

Acquisition of any part of a road-killed big game animal must be reported to the MNR office immediately. After hours, you can leave a voice mail message with your contact information so we can follow up. When you report acquisition, you may be issued a Certificate of Reporting Game which allows you to possess any part of the animal legally. If you wish to distribute the meat to family or friends, you may do so, and no further documentation or reporting is required.

There is no offence of allowing flesh to spoil if the animal was not hunted or trapped.