• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kashabowie_KID

chub lake

Mr. Canoehead

"....If we ever had a food shortage in town I would hope I wasn't behind you in line because if there were only ten loaves of bread left I am sure you would take all ten and then turn around and laugh at me."

I resent that! :angry2: You are comparing recreation to survival which is just silly. Besides, I harvest less brookies than you by the sound of it. My favorite little brookie hole was great for about 2 years but has been fished out for the past 3 winters. But I'm not on here crying about it. It just got stocked this year so next year should be good times. Like I tried to say before: you shouldn't insult and try to guilt people for stealing your fish it's their damned right to keep what they choose to keep. And don't worry, I don't fish Chub lake.

A catch and release only lake would be an awesome solution that would ensure you don't release the fish only to have another keep them all the next day.

Of course your not a tree hugger just like I'm really not a hillbilly. My point is name calling is a terrible way to express your opinion. Over and out.

Foozer
Foozer can tell us where else their biting and split the action! ha,ha

Ha ha ahhah

Thanks for the shoutout.

I have found that most of èm have been biting ..... ``on the end of my line.``

Brad Pitt - A River Runs Through It

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

naden

If you fish for the fun of it and prefer not to keep fish...fine. If you fish for the fun of it but also enjoy eating fish and keep your legal limit....thats also fine. Live and let live.

There are so many lakes in the thunder bay district that are stocked with brookies, we should be able to please everyone. Hiking up a mountain to fish a secret lake isnt everyones cup of tea just like fishing at a busy easy access lake isnt my cup of tea.

Easy access lakes arent necessarily just for people with mobility issues. People with children or people who do not have 4x4 quads, trucks, snowmachines enjoy fishing at these lakes. People may also fish these lakes if they only have a few hours and dont want to go somewhere that takes all day.

The old regs that closed fishing in certain stocked brookie lakes in the winter was not just for easy to get to lakes. Both easy access and hard access lakes were closed in the winter with the intent of providing quality brookie fishing to all types of fishermen. I believe the regs were changed when all of the area regs were under review and were streamlined. It is easier to say that all stocked lakes are open all year and all natural lakes are closed in the winter than it is to manage lakes individually.

Chub lake has a lot of fishing pressure, easy access, close to town and even has a house on it yet people still report good fishing. Maybe some lakes arent as fished out as we think they are. Brookies can be finicky and a few slow fishing trips doesnt necessarily mean that there are no fish there. Some days are just slow or maybe your not where the fish are. I have hiked into brookie lakes that I know see very little if not almost no fishing pressure and gotten skunked.

Just my 2 cents

Lyle Reiner

people people people! yes chub has alot of fishing pressure, I agree that people should understand that its a put to take lake, but what can you do? the lake was there for people to fish..

So long as people are keeping their LEGAL limits, and that includes possession, then conservation will be observed.

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

sportspal

people can fish where they want and when they want ( of course following the regs).

Fishog

I live out in Kakabeka and there are easy access lakes in the area. I'm sorry to say that the day tripper to these lakes are not the problem. They go home with a few fish and if lucky enough for a limit. What happens to these lakes, lets take Stevens lake for an example. Easy enough to get to by snowmachine. Lots of people living on the side roads leading to the trail. Once word gets out the splack are bitting the locals would go there every evening and bring home more than their limit. Its a known fact around here and nobody does anything. The MNR should be waiting for them at the end of the trail if you ask me.

Oh and by the way Stevens lake is just about fished out now.

Guest Angler AV
I live out in Kakabeka and there are easy access lakes in the area. I'm sorry to say that the day tripper to these lakes are not the problem. They go home with a few fish and if lucky enough for a limit. What happens to these lakes, lets take Stevens lake for an example. Easy enough to get to by snowmachine. Lots of people living on the side roads leading to the trail. Once word gets out the splack are bitting the locals would go there every evening and bring home more than their limit. Its a known fact around here and nobody does anything. The MNR should be waiting for them at the end of the trail if you ask me.

Oh and by the way Stevens lake is just about fished out now.

You are right Fishhog, it is locals who take home multiple limits per week that do the most damage. I don't see the point of this. If I lived near a lake I would not want to fish it hard for a year then wait 2-3 years for it to come back then rape it again...that is asinine.

I was stopped by the MNR on Stephens about 3 weekends ago so hopefully they keep up the patrol of this area.

And you are also right about Stephens being fished out....3 people in our group fishing for 6 hours at 4 different spots and depths without a bite.... thank you meat hunters. Maybe if I got there earlier in the year I could have taken my rightful limit to take home and put in my sink.

AV

Fishog
You are right Fishhog, it is locals who take home multiple limits per week that do the most damage. I don't see the point of this. If I lived near a lake I would not want to fish it hard for a year then wait 2-3 years for it to come back then rape it again...that is asinine.

I was stopped by the MNR on Stephens about 3 weekends ago so hopefully they keep up the patrol of this area.

And you are also right about Stephens being fished out....3 people in our group fishing for 6 hours at 4 different spots and depths without a bite.... thank you meat hunters. Maybe if I got there earlier in the year I could have taken my rightful limit to take home and put in my sink.

AV

Well dont feel bad about not getting a bit. I been there three times this year and the only action I got was the wind whistleing through my my legs ^_^

Just got the kid off to school so i'm off to another near by lake. Hopefully I'll bring home a speck or two. Dont worry I'll leave some for everyone else. ;)

:icefishing:

Mr. Canoehead

AV

Stephens is not fished out, they are just picky biters. I know a guy who canoed there in the summer time, him and his buddy saw hundreds of fish all day through the clear waters and not a single one would bite. Awesome fish in that lake. You just need to find the right presentation and spot and pick the right day. Ive fished the same spot there and slayed them all day including big ones and the same spot has skunked me on several occassions. I've been skuked at Stephens more than catching. That's why it will probably never be fished out. Lots of ling too.

But hey keep crying about your stolen fish lol! Somebody call 911!

Fishog
But hey keep crying about your stolen fish lol! Somebody call 911!

Hey nobody is crying about stolen fish bud. You need to take a pill. I stated its a known fact that the locals fish that lake heavy. I live in KB and you hear the storys trust me on that one.

I really hope what you say is true about lots of fish left but this time of year makes it hard canoeing :)

I'm not here to argue about this or that so i'm done on that subject.

levi64

Well done FishHog. Nice looking fish. Thanks for sharing.

RatherBeFishin

Correct me if I am wrong. But do specaled trout not have something called a lateral line, that they sense vibration and noise with. Now if we were to ice fish for theese fish by rights if we were to take them from the water and lay a fish on the ice or handle one would it not impare them in some sort of way. I do believe highly in preserving fish for the future as well as taking a couple to eat here and there, but I think that whatever people prefer is what people prefer and as long as everyone is abiding by the rules we just have to deal with it!

pastor norm
Correct me if I am wrong. But do specaled trout not have something called a lateral line, that they sense vibration and noise with. Now if we were to ice fish for theese fish by rights if we were to take them from the water and lay a fish on the ice or handle one would it not impare them in some sort of way. I do believe highly in preserving fish for the future as well as taking a couple to eat here and there, but I think that whatever people prefer is what people prefer and as long as everyone is abiding by the rules we just have to deal with it!

See picture #3 above your post.. the lateral lines are quite visible on those fish

levi64

Wow, this thread is hijacked for sure.

Glad I'm just a simple guy who loves to fish and not a debaiter (De-BAITER) ;):fire:

Mr. Canoehead
Hey nobody is crying about stolen fish bud. You need to take a pill. I stated its a known fact that the locals fish that lake heavy. I live in KB and you hear the storys trust me on that one.

I really hope what you say is true about lots of fish left but this time of year makes it hard canoeing :)

I'm not here to argue about this or that so i'm done on that subject.

Ok Fishog, fair enough! Sounds like folks are breaking the law out there which is kindof insane considering fish can be purchase at a store. And I agree it's tough canoeing on the ice! But if the ice breaks you're safe. B)