• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

What do you think?

Some Old Guy

Good for you gsambray!

The only time I am secretive is at tournament time but right after the weigh in and sometimes even on day one I'll tell you how I caught them and even pass out a few of the lures that I caught them on. Sometimes I catch them on a bonehead set up but hey, sometimes you have to think outside of the box! Just ask K.K, He's a guy that I fished some tournaments with and some of the crap he puts on his line is just right down embarassing.......... then he shuts me the hell up! You should see some of the walleye he has caught on the contraptions he's put on!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Some Old Guy

Bear,

I'm just like a Doctor in Thunder Bay. I have a lot of Patients! Ha!

Roger

rodman

Hey Roger, tell that guy he should look into a thing called the Ministry of Natural Resources and e-mail them to give them hell, and ask them why they are stocking these lakes! Let alone publishing a guide with detailed information on how to access them right down to GPS co-ordinates!

Some Old Guy

True enough Rodman.

All I gotta say is that if it ain't me running this site it would be someone else!

The internet is all over the place now and I live here. If you guys can tell...... Well I'm going to start a new thread. Because hopefully this will help you guys see what happens behind the scenes and actually see how hard this site is visited.

This will take sometime (an hour or two) to show you.

Roger

ghart
I just got another email, but first, I have received a ton that support the site and the messages in this post are encouraging.

Here it is,

***Thunder Bay Fishing has put extra fishing pressure on small local lakes that cant handle that kindof pressure. I hope you know that your sight has cause greef for me and my friends trying to fish these lakes. When we go to our spot there is somebody there always. They tell me they learned the lake from your web site. And they told me to **** off. Your web site is bad news for our lakes***

I am yet to respond to this one. I tried to a few times but as always, read, re-read and hit delete until you have a cooler head!

Roger

maybe i should send him the full list of stocked/laketrout lakes

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

Spectre
I just got another email, but first, I have received a ton that support the site and the messages in this post are encouraging.

Here it is,

***Thunder Bay Fishing has put extra fishing pressure on small local lakes that cant handle that kindof pressure. I hope you know that your sight has cause greef for me and my friends trying to fish these lakes. When we go to our spot there is somebody there always. They tell me they learned the lake from your web site. And they told me to **** off. Your web site is bad news for our lakes***

I am yet to respond to this one. I tried to a few times but as always, read, re-read and hit delete until you have a cooler head!

Roger

Maybe you should have a thread in the members only section where you post the email and the reply address... Let the ones sending these emails see how it is getting those types of messages. I'm sure some members on this boards have a few things they would like to say... :fishing:

Some Old Guy

I hear you ghart but I just can't do that. I do feel like it though.

I'll just keep responding the best way I know how and I'm really trying to keep it politically correct...........

Roger

Guest BannedCore

Well sometimes being politically correct is not enough. There will ALWAYS be whiners as they are everywhere in every day life, let alone the fishing world. It's not that crowded out this way and there are secret lakes for sure............. :D

pastor norm

I am sorry but it's ludicrous to expect "my" (publically stocked and posted) secret lake

will be kept a secret for long. My suggestion to people who are angry is that maybe it's

time to move to fresh territory. Or consider that the damage isn't as bad as you make it

out to be. Or report the offending fishermen to the MNR if you suspect they are hoarding ...

take pictures and note dates. I have no sympathy for people who harvest brook trout

like it's a cheap protein source.

Kudos to a site like this that gives me decent and current information on where I can

expect to find fish. There's more info out there too in the form of magazines, stocking lists,

and the like. Look at me! I have been given good info and hot tips and I haven't gone

out ONCE for brook trout yet. And I am retired! If and when I do have a good day, I know

I won't keep pounding the same lake like it was my personal meat locker. I will keep exploring.

It's a Zen thing.

My experience in BC is that all stocked brookie lakes are promoted as a put and take fishery

and no one seems to mind passing on the info about where it's "hot"... it tends to be the

people who plunder the lakes who want everything a secret.

http://flyguys.net/blog/fishing-logs/2010-...ion-at-its-best

http://www.best-in-british-columbia.com/redlake.html

Sermon's done. Amen.

Guest Smack Um

I would regret to see the day when I have to say that I am sorry for going fishing or for namng the lake that I fished. I wonder how many people have benifited already from this site and will continue to do so keep up the good work Roger and the staff of TBF. ;)

Patrick

Guest Ol Big Moose

Rog, How many times have we sat around discussing this issue and these weenies that have way too much time on their hands.(the kind of people that sit around analyzing their own stool no doubt eating tofu and granola) It is what it is buddy, we as civilized fisherman cannot please everyone. And in this day and age there is hardly such thing as a `secret`... When in doubt knock em out!!!!! keep up the good work

Guest Funmonkey

Roger, first off thank you for the effort, time and energy you put into this site. And apparently a thank you is in order for having to put up with ungrateful idiots as well. I moved back to Thunder Bay from Ottawa about six years ago. One of the reasons I returned were the great opportunities to get out on the water and fish. A couple of years ago I stumbled upon this site and have enjoyed it ever since. Yes this site encourages people to get out and enjoy the wilderness we have available to all of us, and yes there are locations shared. I have noticed over the years, and it is one of the reasons I return to the site and read regularly (and contribute infrequently), that this site also encourages responsible behaviour towards our shared resources as well as towards each other. Sure some folks sound off, but in the forums most people are respectful of our environment and each other. Secondly you Roger do more than your share to encourage such responsibility. And lastly, I camp at Dog Lake Resort, one of my "secret spots"; go right from the resort,and the very first bend into a bay on your left, all along that corner is prime fishing - of course like all "spots" the wind, water level and temperature, barometric pressure and other various factors have to cooperate to bring the baitfish there so the pickeral will follow.

Keep up the good work Roger!

Michael

WalleyeWayne

The concept of identifying a lake and perhaps a honey hole can work both ways. A guy can just as easily post here and say he's hammering fish on a lake that really isn't producing anything. Chances are people will flock to that lake the same they would any other lake that is reported to have fish jumping out of the holes. Perhaps that might ease the pressure on "their lake" :D . If you don't think it happens, and you've gone to a spot that was supposed to be good but isn't, look down that hole and think about it! :blink:

uncle

Are you suggesting that a fisherman might not be telling the truth? Gasp. :)

Bill Arnott
Are you suggesting that a fisherman might not be telling the truth? Gasp. :)

That's priceless. :D

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

BIG SMOKE

Here it is,

Roger

I would email him back with all of his spelling/grammatical errors circled and tell him to re-do it. Maybe once he reads it again he will realize what a donkey he is.

davek

These people must really hate the publishers of the northwestern ontario Backroad Mapbook which pretty much covers most lakes and fish in those lakes as well as how to get there.Keep up the good work Roger this is a great site and your work is well appreciated .