• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Thefishleclair

House broken into

Thefishleclair

So some people decided that my TV, PS3, WII, Laptop and desktop computer plus all the games and movies plus cameras and gps. Ipods, DSI some american cash remotes and so on could better suit thier needs....If anyone hears of any items matching the above trying to be sold canya pm me...

TV was a 52" Sony LCD Bravia 1080P

Desk Top was a Gateway Touch all in one computer. They left the mouse and key board so the unit will not have one. 2010 Ultimate hunting game inside the disk drive.

Laptop was an Accer older one...Slow as molasses

GPS was a garmin 60CX

2 8G Ipod Touch one is locked out and the other is open 4th Generation

1 32G Ipod touch Locked out also. 3rd generation

Wii Games, 2 CSI ones about 4 Fishing ones, I think a call of Duty one, WII Fit. WII fit plus. WII PARTY and so on.

PS3 Games All of the COD's. Lego starwars, Battle of Juarese, etc

They kicked my front door down and took all these items between 9 am and 10:20 AM.....They Shoveld out between my house and the fence up to my back door and then handed all my items over to some one in a vehical on the other side in the laneway.

Im thinking these guys are knocking on doors...Seeing if anyone is home then making the call then..

House is now fortified with alarm system, video survelliance and new doors and longer deadbolts....

Thanks for anyhelp if anyone has anything.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

crisop

wow that sucks J. I'll keep my eyes and ears open. Watch the pawn shops and kijiji too, cooks are dumb enough to try and sell them on there.

My house is the same way, fortified with large deadbolts, video cameras, motion sensors and an alarm system, not to mention many many guns for me when i am home

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Buck 120

That sucks. I often imagine what I would do to someone caught in the act of breaking into my house or vehicle....

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Some Old Guy

I have a friend who works at Ed's. I'll pass this on to him.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

PRO V

Some one tried to do a B&E down the street from us the same day the ex-cop got broken into. We

have three German shepherds in the house or yard at any givin' time they are trained in obediance, tracking,

protection, and if they get by them and i catch them, they will be praying to god for the sweet release of death.

Mike

brookiebuster

Same thing happend to me in Augest.I was out at camp when the neighbor at home called and said the backdoor was open.He said the inside was trashed.Computer and tower were gone but they left the mouse and key board,laptops,jewlery,bikes,cameras..etc.They broke 2 windows to get in,then left through the back door.One was stupid enough to get a lawn chair to get up to the upsairs window.They left a huge boot print on it.My neighbor said he heard something at around 4:30 am but he must of heard them leaving.Called the pawn shops around and looked on kijiji.The police said most things and sold in bc or other places out of the city.

Chris

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Bighotdog

Hey don't you think it is a good idea if everyone having these break and enter issues could tell us all where you live so we can keep an eye and ear open around our area too and be more on alert. I think that this might help fight against these pricks and maybe they might get caught if they are dumb enough to go to the next house on the street. So maybe we can all try that and see how it goes.

Some Old Guy

We keep hearing more and more break-ins occuring. So once again we have to spend more and more money to protect the stuff that we spent money on. This is getting crazy. Oh yeah not to mention the tax dollars on enforcement.

A person gets caught and they get a slap on the wrist. Then if I catch someone breaking into my house and serve them up a little of my own justice it's me who heads to jail because of an assault charge. That is plain stupid! There has to be something in place that will make a person really think twice about breaking into a home.

Roger

uncle

I agree Roger. If you are the victim of a home intruder you are supposed to get out of your house and run if at all possible and let the police handle it. If you can't run be sure you don't use excessive force or you are in more trouble than the intruder. Who in their right mind could pass a law like this?

PRO V, statements like yours on a public forum could possibly come back to bite you.

Fishog
We keep hearing more and more break-ins occuring. So once again we have to spend more and more money to protect the stuff that we spent money on. This is getting crazy. Oh yeah not to mention the tax dollars on enforcement.

A person gets caught and they get a slap on the wrist. Then if I catch someone breaking into my house and serve them up a little of my own justice it's me who heads to jail because of an assault charge. That is plain stupid! There has to be something in place that will make a person really think twice about breaking into a home.

Roger

Years back I caught a teenager trying to get into my garage. Went out the front door of the house and caught him inside the garage. I tied the little son of a gun to my clothes line pole till the cops got there. The one cop told me I better hope the kid didnt press charges on me. I said WHAT!!! Nothing ever came of it and the day the kid went to court I lost a day off work and all he got was charged for trespassing. No time served.

Like you said Roger another slap on the wrist

Oh I now have a very large german/huskey mix that takes care of busness around here. No problems since ;)

Some Old Guy

Hi Uncle,

I know it's crazy!

I don't know what I'd do. Maybe make sure I took all the stuff the guy wanted and just gave it to him so my house doesn't get trashed?

Oh and to further my previous post about costs, don't forget about insurance. The way this is going I think insurance companies are going to raise the prices because of the amount of claims! Once again, the victim has to pay. Maybe the person who broke in should be given the bill for everything and pay back the insurance company and the victim. Doesn't the victim surcharge portion of a fine go to the victim?

Roger

brookiebuster

One of the cops said you can do whatever you want to the person before cops come,he said just say he fell down the stairs.If we were in texas,if you seen somebody on your property you can shoot them wiithout getting charged.I think thats going a little too far.

Chris

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Some Old Guy

I have three Golden Retrievers. Great dogs but I think they would just be happy to see someone new and would actually show them where all our stuff is!

Roger

PRO V

On the Thunder bay Police website there is a crime maping section that shows all the crime, traffic accidents in the city on a daily basis. Your right Uncle it is a harsh statment and it could bite me. Like the rest of you i have worked long and hard to have nice things for me and my family, Like all of you i'm an honest person and even when i find things on the trail i will go that extra mile to make sure it gets to its rightful owner. Some of the things taken or smashed sometimes has more of a sentimental value than cash value, and can not be replaced. Not only does it suck having your things taken but it also can sometimes play emotionally on your wife & kids.

I do not, and will not put up with thieves. End of rant ;)

Mike

uncle

I agree 100% PRO V. 100%. I call my theory the greenhouse way. You can buy products to keep deer out of your flowers and gardens which is actually just dried deer's blood. A little dried blood from a would be thief might go a long way to prevent further invasions, but I would be careful not to use "excessive force". :)

Spectre

Is it just me, or does it seem like the criminals have more rights than the victims??? Maybe if the criminals had more to risk when breaking into someone house or whatever this wouldn't be such a common occurence.

Thefishleclair
Is it just me, or does it seem like the criminals have more rihts than the victims??? Maybe if the criminals had more to risk when breaking into someone house or whatever this wouldn't be such a common occurence.

your right on that one....

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

crisop

hey leclair just set a few beaver traps up around the house, you'll catch one of them bastards sooner or later

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF