• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fancy pants

Stocking Lakes

Guest fancy pants

I could be wrong, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the number one targetted species of fish in nwo is walleye. That being said, why are there nil-zero efforts in stocking lakes with these fish? All our stocked lakes get splake, brookies and a few with rainbows. Why? There are many lakes that would support healthy walleye populations, why not give the people what they want?

Lyle Reiner

Just so you know, walleye are not native to inland lakes. The ministry did at one point stock with walleye, I'm not sure if they still do, but its done on the hush hush

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

drago82

There are still active walleye stocking programs in NWO. They are just not in Thunder Bay District.

Guest Smack Um

Here is a local volunteer walleye hatchery: www.atikokanline.com/Atikokan-Walleye-Hatchery.html

I know that the Dorion Hatchery has done some extensive work at their facility but just have not got out to see the new changes as of yet may be this summer?

Patrick

sportspal

walleye are more costly to grow then trout species, harder to grow in tanks and they also are very predatory towards one and other. trout are also more native in alot of inland lakes.

rodman
walleye are more costly to grow then trout species, harder to grow in tanks and they also are very predatory towards one and other. trout are also more native in alot of inland lakes.