• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
fishingfinn

Sufix 832

fishingfinn

I was thinking of trying the Sufix 832 advanced superline, anyone tried it? I usually stick to Powerpro or Fireline, but I find that Fireline tends to fray after not too long. Just wanting to try something new.

Davis Viehbeck

I've used the line since last summer and have been very impressed. Just do a quick google search for other reviews. A point to consider, this line won the 'best of show' award for line at the ICAST show in Vegas. D&R will be carrying this line shortly.

-DV

Lyle Reiner

got some in the states last weekend. will be spooling some onto an ice fishing rod to give it a go this weekend.

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

gsambray

seen it at dnr for $25. i usually spider wire but gonna try out the suffix 832 this year. see how it handles the steelhead season.

fishingfinn

I just bought some at Bass Pro Shops for $18, and spooled it up...tried it for a little bit while fishing for steelhead. Seems to be nice and smooth, good casting distance for sure, so far so good!

filletandrelease

I'm usually a power pro guy but this year I am also gonna try out the suffix 842 and the regular suffix braid in metered colouring. Something to keep in mind for people also planning on running braided line of any type always use a mono or a wire leader at least a foot long when trolling spoons, rapalas or anything with several hooks. Rapala made a fortune off me until I learned this. It seems the hook points cut the line instantly if they make contact with the line. I couldn't understand how my line could be so strong sometimes but every once in a while when fighting a fish it would break very easily. hopefully this saves someone of the cost of replacing as many lures as I did

gsambray

i have had suffix 832 on my reel for a week know for steelhead fishing. best line i have tried in a long time. it does get all messed up with the current and holds up to the abuse of fishing in the rocks and trees. took a little getting used to but this is the first braided line I have used. oh yeah its good for straightening out your hooks when you get snagged or if you catch a branch you end up getting the branch cause this line doesnt break too easily. will buy more