• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
smokerscully1

19 lb walleye?

smokerscully1

Anyone hear about a 19lb walleye coming outta Black Bay this past weekend? I've heard it from 2 different sources. Not sure if it was catch and release or kept under treaty rights. I know guys have been catching perch out there but thats a hell of a fish!

Some Old Guy

Nope.

It would be a hell of a fish or could it be....... wait for it........ wait for it....... a hell of a story!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

gsambray

never heard of a 19lb walleye but were i spend most of my fishing time at northernlights, 10lb plus walley are common. especially when downrigging for lakers

smokerscully1

19 lbs 3 ozs--on a spring scale--it was live released. I'll see the pics tomorrow.

brookiebuster

Biggest walleye I have seen live was 12lbs,19 would be a decent fish.I wonder who the author of that story is hahaha. :lol:

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest Munshaw

That would eclipse the biggest walleye I've heard of in NW Ontario by about 5 lb. I just looked it up, it would beat the C&R world record by 7 oz.

No doubt there's some big fish in Black Bay, but I'm calling bluff someone let a fish that big go.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Edit: actually if they were fishing where most people are fishing, I believe its a walleye sanctuary and they would have to let it go. Even still - seems doubtful. It should be highly documented if it were true.

Chuck

While fishing for salmon I hooked and released a walleye that was 31 in long with a 22 in girth I didn"t have a scale but did the calculations and it was just shy off 17 lbs

I believe it was there eating pink salmon A nice slippery meal to put the pounds on I don"t doubt a 19 lber could be swimmin around :o pictures would be nice though

Git "er done

Guest specky for breky

mi buddy commercially fishes near black bay and he says they are constantly throwing back 10 plus pound pickerel......not sure what the biggest they have netted is but im pretty sure they dont or cant use nets big enough to catch monsters