• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wampa

Get ice fishing huts off lake, lake officials warn

Guest Splitshot
At this point what is better to use out there...snowmachine or quad?

thanks

Sat i was out there on my snowmachine...melted the sliders a bit 1st thing in the morning after the -13 night but by 11 am it softened up nicely no more problems after that.

Guest Ol Big Moose

In my opinion Gary(the ice cop of lac pffft) has a few issues of his own. He decided to block off a friends ice access like a d!ck so to hell with him i`ll let my shack sink before i deal with that little B!TCH

Fishbum
In my opinion Gary(the ice cop of lac pffft) has a few issues of his own. He decided to block off a friends ice access like a d!ck so to hell with him i`ll let my shack sink before i deal with that little B!TCH

:D glad someone feels the same.... biggest turn of of going to Lac is dealing with..... ( need i say more) lol

Fisherman08

You know, at the beginning of this blog, I believe "Advice" was being given, not just by WAMPA, but by the very property owner that you store your Ice Hut's on and who plows the winter roads for you folks to use to get back and forth to your huts. But what I am reading and seeing is people that have nothing good to say or even be thankful for that matter for both the advice and the ice roads that are being plowed all winter long, dont forget Gary is the one putting his life in danger at the beginning of the season getting the ice road ready. Maybe someone here on this blog, should offer to Gary to Plow the roads then for him for 1 winter season, and help with the clean up of Ice Huts for storage, I am sure he would take it.

If you don't like it, dont pay to store your huts at Gary's then or any other resort owners property, or pay them to use their access areas, less of course you know where there is free storage and access areas, which I highly doubt there is.

Every year I read the same words, lines and paragraphs, complaining of this or that about Gary's or Pine Point. Come on people are we not adults, really! what would you be like if you were the resort owners letting the fishing public use their properties for storage and access to the lake, there just trying to make it easier for everyone involved to get the huts off the lake safely and early enough so that situations dont arise that misfortune turns to possible certain death, by drowing with unsafe ice areas. Especially after a week of thaw and Sun and rain.

I peruse this site for advice by reading blogs on Hunting and Fishing and keeping current on other issues, but it becomes pretty sad when blogs like this become negative. Makes you not want to be apart of this Resourcfull Web Site.

joks
You know, at the beginning of this blog, I believe "Advice" was being given, not just by WAMPA, but by the very property owner that you store your Ice Hut's on and who plows the winter roads for you folks to use to get back and forth to your huts. But what I am reading and seeing is people that have nothing good to say or even be thankful for that matter for both the advice and the ice roads that are being plowed all winter long, dont forget Gary is the one putting his life in danger at the beginning of the season getting the ice road ready. Maybe someone here on this blog, should offer to Gary to Plow the roads then for him for 1 winter season, and help with the clean up of Ice Huts for storage, I am sure he would take it.

If you don't like it, dont pay to store your huts at Gary's then or any other resort owners property, or pay them to use their access areas, less of course you know where there is free storage and access areas, which I highly doubt there is.

Every year I read the same words, lines and paragraphs, complaining of this or that about Gary's or Pine Point. Come on people are we not adults, really! what would you be like if you were the resort owners letting the fishing public use their properties for storage and access to the lake, there just trying to make it easier for everyone involved to get the huts off the lake safely and early enough so that situations dont arise that misfortune turns to possible certain death, by drowing with unsafe ice areas. Especially after a week of thaw and Sun and rain.

I peruse this site for advice by reading blogs on Hunting and Fishing and keeping current on other issues, but it becomes pretty sad when blogs like this become negative. Makes you not want to be apart of this Resourcfull Web Site.

After reading the last few replies, perhaps it is time to start lobbying the ministry for a proper launch on the lake. Someone should start a petition and see how far that goes

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin
After reading the last few replies, perhaps it is time to start lobbying the ministry for a proper launch on the lake. Someone should start a petition and see how far that goes

I'm pretty sure there are 4 free launches already? right?

and once again another lac thread gets turned into a feces fight because lac is not the same as it was a couple decades ago. . . . . .

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

levi64

Don't hold back Moose, tell us how you really feel. ;)

speckmaster

I really don't think Gary is doing all this work so people can enjoy the lake. It might have something to do with the money people pay to use the road and store their shacks.

ty16

This is actually interesting.

For some reason everyone is hung up on this lac des milles lac lake.

But less we forget if u don't like the way things are run out there (which i agree is getting pretty shitty, not to mention the sad fishing over the last few years) there are 100 different other lakes to fish.

Which in my case i have forgotten about over the last few years because of the whole shack thing.

Its too easy and fun to head out to the shack but...

I'm actually getting sick of fishing lac with all the b/s and over fishing. I'm kind of glad about the b/s because its brought me back to old school fishing in NWO...

Snowmachining, walking into lakes, sticks, finding spots that no ones around, peace, quiet, and... walleyes!

Its that time of year for great fishing and instead of arguing about getting shacks off the ice (which they should be coming off anyway) we soould be out adventuring and enjoying the sport.

my 2 cents.

fish on!

Castnblast

Some guys take Gary's banter too seriously.

I think he's hilarious. Super fun to listen to him freak out and rant. We are always laughing the whole way to carp. IMO worth every penny it costs to access the lake at sawmill.

cnb

68camaro

I think he's hilarious. Super fun to listen to him freak out and rant. We are always laughing the whole way to carp. IMO worth every penny it costs to access the lake at sawmill.

cnb

+1

Guest planner

I had to leave my shack on Lac today...I screwed up yesterday and didn't jack it up after I moved it. I saw the guy pulling his shack with the quad/tracks combo.

There is definitely only 30" of ice on Lac.

The bog is still solid, and there are only a couple of tracks off the main trail.

The slush all froze up last night, it is rock solid again.

The landing is getting bad, there are holes a foot deep.

Where our shack was, there are puddles that are over a foot deep, I drilled a hole in one, and sure enough, only 16" of ice. Measured, not guessing.

I've been there for the last 6 days...and I wasn't concerned about leaving my shack there til the weekend.

I also had a conversation with Gary about the removal dates, and I can understand his point. Personally, I would have rather gotten mine of the lake today, just to avoid the shitshow that the landing is going to be, come the weekend.

Phil

I dont want to start rumours but I heard someone went through on the ice road. I said bullshit but was wondering if anyone else heard this too. If any one thinks Gary is not in his buisness to make money needs to give their head a shake, and if I was him I would have the same intentions. He needs to make a living just like the rest of us, imagine the beating he gives his equipment and his liver all winter. :lol:

mikejson
I dont want to start rumours but I heard someone went through on the ice road. I said bullshit but was wondering if anyone else heard this too. If any one thinks Gary is not in his buisness to make money needs to give their head a shake, and if I was him I would have the same intentions. He needs to make a living just like the rest of us, imagine the beating he gives his equipment and his liver all winter. :lol:

I just heard this yesterday... someone was questioning me(as I usually hear the new first here :P)... so I don't want to start rumors, but wonder if anyone knows?

I figure if someone "went through the ice" it would be a refreeze break through. Meaning, they broke through a top layer of refrozen slush... and there is still solid ice underneath.

But again, don't want to start rumors, would be nice if someone that was out there could prove or disprove. I heard it happened this past weekend. Anyone know for sure?

Wade O.

In all honesty in Southern Ontario as I had mentioned in other posts there is a date set by the Ministry for hut removal. I honestly think it is a good idea. Some people push the envelope too far. Plus like someone has already mentioned if you want to still go out....take a snowmachine or quad. If Gary (good or bad) is the one responsible for getting it off the ice then he definately should have the final say when it comes off, cause like someone said its his safety.

rodman

There are certain spots in lakes that never properly freeze no matter the temps.Lac is no exception,I have seen a buddy go down up to his armpits when it had been below 20 for a week straight!

mikejson

cnb

HAHA, yup, sometimes he takes it to the extreme and I just laugh at it the rest of the fishing trip...

Really guys, so many people hating on him...

Some wise words some crazy dude I met a few years ago said to me...

"Assume Positive Intent"

I like to think Gary is running a business, cares about his patrons, and cares about the environment. He doesn't want anyone dead, or polluting the lake with a shack/truck going through the ice.

Optimism is a skill, it can be learned.

Guest Melly

I got my shack off on sunday , wish i didnt with these cold temps though. But i was told yesterday that gary is not allowing trucks to use his lake access anymore , could be a false rumor but i was told from a pretty good sourse

tracker

As mentioned earlier, if Gary wants his clientel off the lake early, I don't really care. Just leave the rest of us alone!! As for removal dates, I have had a shack on Lac for 15 years and more shacks are abandoned/fall through the ice in one year in Southern Ontario where there is a removal date than on Lac in the last 15 years.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Guest SheaBonez

Hey Gary is a great guy man had beers with him on numerous occasions helped him shovel the landing last year hes got alot of bull to deal with its not just us icefishers its also the OPP and MNR bitching at him but he should allow people to get their shacks off while there is still enough ice i think he does a great job just my opinion

Castnblast

ya for sure he's a good guy... and he's knows a hell of alot more about the lake, and ice roads, and how conditions can change than the majority of people that fish Lac in the winter.

I think he just likes to BS. Just think of how many loogans he has to deal with throughout the season. Some are real loogans - others just out to get away from work and town, have a few beers, relax in the shack and have a fish fry.

He kills me though. Last time we were out he comes up to the truck window...we say hey Gary, hows the ice? He goes - "the ice?....the ice is best it's been in years! Rock solid, couldn't be better! The roads like a highway!" He pauses and thinks for a second or two and starts...."Doesn't mean you can drive like a f'n a$$hole though! Some guys are out there ripping across the f'n lake at 100 km an hour - making big waves under the ice!" He points to the lake and starts again - "it's f'n cold out there! - it's f'n dangerous out there! Ya can't be an a$$hole on the lake ya know!"

We are all totally losing it in the truck - laughing like crazy - and he knows it. Then he leans into the cab, gets quite and eyes up my musician buddy who is driving (and happens to have long hair) points his shooter at him finger at him and says - "listen Ringo...no speeding on the f'n ice road....now go have some fun out there!"

Whoa....we lost it!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So we head out on the lake and laughed all day long - 4 of us hand bombed 32 holes through 28" of solid ice and never caught a single fish all day long. Cooked up some deer sausage on the tail gate, took some good winter photos, and invented Ringo jokes all day long.

Great day, with good friends - made better by a little good ole NWO BS from Gary.

cnb

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that faw ken rocks Castnblast !!!

i love days where one guys remarks makes the joke of the day. usually a CO or some drunk old guy.

this board should have more stories like that.

like that time a CO corrected me on the term "party hunting", apparently it doesn't mean hunting with beer and music

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Guest SheaBonez

that rumour about someone going through is not true talked to gary on sunday I like that lake because i know i can get a limit everytime I go out and a few 18 plus for a picture still over 30 inches of ice

Some Old Guy

I have never had a problem with Gary.

I drive up, I pay, I follow his direction and move on.

I think I'll head up that way this weekend.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!