• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

I'm going to humble myself.... and ask for help.

Some Old Guy

Hi everyone.

I got my yearly bill for thunderbayfishing.com. I hit the roof and spent about 2 hours on the phone. I did pay my fees and the site is good to go for another year. But I have to find a way for this site to pay for itself. I have a few advertisers and they are great but when the dollars coming in doesn't even cover an 8th of what it costs me to run the site it really starts to hurt. I work 3 jobs, wages are frozen, and all of the other increases in costs..... something we all face.

If there's any way you can donate an item to auction off or just donate it would really help out. Or maybe if you know a company that would advertise.

This site started off as a hobby and I didn't mind paying to maintain it but it has gotten popular and maybe it has gotten out of hand for me financially. I have had offers to buy the site but once again it would become an online fishing store..... we have enough of those.

This is hard for me to do but I really like running TBF and I have met a lot of you and it's great.

Anyways this is what I'm facing.

If you are interested in donating can you get a hold of GC 54? (George Clark)

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

gsambray

not knowing what it costs to run this site what about starting a yearly membership fee. it would help pay for the site and keep any of the riff raff out as well if there is any not too sure. i would have no problem in doing that at all and i am sure that a lot of us on here wouldnt have a problem either (at least the members who really enjoy the commrodery and helpful tips and hints that we all share to each other) as for making donations or donating stuff for auction I would be glad to help.

Some Old Guy

I really don't want to charge a membership fee. A donation would be strictly a volunteer thing.

Thanks for wanting to help. I really appreciate it.

Roger

gsambray

I love the site and find it helpfull and is one of the best fishing forums that I have ever been on. I will do all that I can to help

Some Old Guy

Thanks.

Roger

magicman

I find it incredible that a site that provides so much great information doesn't cost anything. You go to a store and buy a magazine for 5 bucks and about 3 articles in it give you some broad infarmation that may or may not pertain to what you are looking for. On here you can use the search and get a thousand magazines worth of information and the information on here provides information specific to our region. I have spent a lot of time on here as a guest and gotten a lot of great information for myself. I personally find it very coommendable that you Roger provide an outlet such as this site out of the goodness of your heart for the benefeit of others to improve on their fishing horizons. I would gladly help out in order to keep this site going.

Thank you to Roger

Lyle Reiner

If you have an auction, ill gladly buy stuff!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Kayaker

Hey Roger I've got nothing that I can think of to donate for auction, but I was thinking of offering an hour of your time with the plow truck you can start in Kam :lol: How about I donate $10.00, I can drop it off at the store!!

68camaro

Roger, I've seen other sites that accept donations via PayPal. Would it be possibe to add a "donations" button that links to a Paypal account? It is an easy and effective way to collect donations and it gives people an opportunity to make a donation from their PC. My $0.02 :D

seppi

Roger, I've seen other sites that accept donations via PayPal. Would it be possibe to add a "donations" button that links to a Paypal account? It is an easy and effective way to collect donations and it gives people an opportunity to make a donation from their PC. My $0.02 68 Camaro

I like his idea ,would make it very easy for donations,that's a good $0.02 idea !!! ;);)

Seppi :icefishing:

Chuck

I haven't been on this site as long as some of the other members and It would spoil my day if I couldn't check out the latest posts about this lake that road, who's biting here and there ,fishing ,hunting ,buy and sell and chit chat like that

Someone has to look after this site and I vote (Roger Mayer ) besides he already knows how to do it ,

He"s made it one of the greatest sites here in Northwestern Ontario and beyond

As for support /Auctions /memberships /meet and greets ....If it hadn't been for this site I wouldn't have met troutsandy flyinfinn Jayfishin Bear Bernie and a host of others

What ever it takes..... I"m in .... Chuck... Kudos to you Rodger

Still looking for that rod and are they real,,,, might be power baits :D

Git "er done

Gone8to1248

$2 will be on the way up there in the mail when I get back home later this week Roger. To Auction off I have some jigs with bent hooks and some rubber baits with part of thier tails bitten off .

robbo
$250 will be on the way up there in the mail when I get back home later this week Roger. To Auction off I have some jigs with bent hooks and some rubber baits with part of thier tails bitten off along with two Fifty Dollar bills, will need an openning bid of $150 to get it going!

Bernie

You need a story to go with those bent jigs and rubbers, Bernie! The good salesman will get a dollar for just about anything. I'm definitely up for contributing to the site. Besides, maybe they're not as bad as mine. :P

going fishing is okay, going catching is great!

wampa

Why don't you set up a Premium Membership feature. The going rate for most forums is around $24/yr. This would be only for people who want to support the site. It would give them a badge under their name with something like "I support TBayfishing" or similar. You could also give out some stickers or something else to go along with the membership. You pay this via PayPal or credit card.

I copied this from another forum that has this feature as an example of other benefits that premium members get (i paid the $24 for this site by the way):

As a premium member, you will receive the following benefits:

The ability to create ReefCentral Blogs

Increased album picture size limits

Increased PM mailbox size. 500 vs 150

The ability to send private messages to users over their mailbox quota

Advanced boolean search capability

The ability to post events on the RC Calendar

The "I support RC" logo as part of your profile

Much more to come!

We will also be adding many new premium membership benefits over the next few months.

You will automatically receive all new benefits as they become available.

If you set it up this way, your long-time supporters can effectively "donate" while getting something back and then it is not a forum wide member charge. I think you would be surprised how many people would go this route.

The cost of premium membership is $24 per year.

This is an annual subscription that will renew each year.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

ghart

make small lake fisher maps ie - crimestoppers with focus on individual lakes. utilizing information from member - sell to public and/or make available for memberships. I can off GIS/graphics services.

i have a few raps laying around too for an auction but some are going to the seas cadets basket here in nipigon

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

filletandrelease

I'd be glad to help Roger. Some good ideas are being tossed around whichever you decide is best. One more idea... I'd gladly pay 15 - 20 bucks for a thunderbayfishing.com decal for the truck and I'm sure others would too.

tracker

Lots of ideas but why create more work for yourself. I do like the idea of a Pay-pal account. I would use that as it is easier.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Chuck

I like the idea of the 25$ a year membership fee Not a huge price to pay for what you get back With 880 some members it calculates to a little over 21k

I'm sure the site could survive on that plus stickers would be an added bonus

Git "er done

Buck 120

I agree with a Paypal button to donate. Money would come directly to your bank acct.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest herbal

Have a save thunderbayfishing.com shag ........ A good rocker with some prizes at say the coloseum would probably generate enough cash to run the site for 2 or 3 years

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

just enable purchase a paid subscription in control panel , ( i asked about this before if you remember). and whoever pays gets fancy premium member title under their name. I'm all about fancy titles. you juts have to limit some features for non paid members to entice paid membership. all the big forums do this, and you wouldn't be a prick for doing so.

or i can paypal donate, either way

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Ron H

I can donate to an auction, custom make and probably donate items that might go into a "contributing member" gift pack, donate via paypal, purchase from an auction (like a guided fishing trip), etc.

I confess to being ignorant on how much it costs a site like this to keep it running, can you give us a rough idea?

gsambray

I like the idea of thunderbayfishing decals. I would gladly put one on my truck and I know a lot of other people would too. maybe thats an idea for making some cash too. not sure what it costs for decals but were i spend most of my time in the summer, they have decals and sell for I think $45 for black and $55 for chrome. apparently they pay for themselves and a small profit.

NorthwestHunter
Have a save thunderbayfishing.com shag ........ A good rocker with some prizes at say the coloseum would probably generate enough cash to run the site for 2 or 3 years

+1 B)

Paul

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession