• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

pastor norm

Salmon talk?

pastor norm

Come on guys... how's the fishing been?

I have been having success with flashers and hoochies.

The fishing has been much better than last year.  4 to 10 lbs in size.

I also caught nice steelhead and a 4 lb coaster on the flasher/hoochie rig. 

Most fish were caught shallow (30' - 20' down), trolling at 3 mph.  

My 18 cm hot olive floating rap also caught me my largest salmon so far. 

Spoons not so much

• Like 1

Barrski

Been out for a few half days out of the marina. Couple times picked up one each trip.  Had couple good mornings picked up three biggest 11 lbs on flasher fly and anchovies down 45-55 ft

Next time picked up three biggest 8lb on spoon sliders likely around 30 ft and nothing on flashers.

Need to keep mixing it up and put it in front of there nose🤣🤣

Most times temp was around 50 degree at 50 ft give an take depending on wind direction 

• Like 1

MetalFishing

Due to not being a boat owner I haven’t been able to get out on the lake for salmon. If anyone reading this wants company sometime let me know. I’ll provide mansodas, gas money, and probably a ridiculous story or two.

I went to Alexander Dam yesterday to fish from shore hoping maybe a couple early salmon would be hanging around but no luck. People were up there with boats catching nothing as well. Threw spoons, J13, raps and some mepps. 

jonut13

Finally made it out today.  Landed two 3 lbrs  both hit main line at 40'    Lost one better salmon on the dipsy about 30' 

pastor norm

awesome. thanks for the report. that was beyond the breakwall?  

Jayfishin

How deep of water were fish suspended over? Was out the other day in harbour and only landed one small laker.  Tried a lot of tackle including flashers with hoochie / squid. Didn't mark near as much bait as in first part of July though.

Jay

redotter

Been out this week 4 times.  Meat rigs on flasher with brined smelts out produced everything. 130 ft of line out on dipsey on #1 setting 1-4 salmon landed every trip with Lake Trout thrown in.  1 steelhead and even 1 coaster Brookie over 200ft of water on the meat rig!

• Like 1

Barrski

Was out today, and we landed 5 salmon and lost one, nothing big but good eaters.

20-40 ft was the range today and our flasher rigs out performed spoons 

• Thanks 1

pastor norm

awesome guys.. thanks... mixed results with the hoochies, huh? 

make sure you hoochie is 36 inches roughly behind the flasher and that the leader is 30 lb test.    You want that hoochie moving ... 

red and silver flasher seemed to work best

Bottom Bouncer

Trolled for 7 hours out front buy the Welcomes and the Bell behind the Welcomes.  Chased fish on the graph and went all over. Came up empty handed. Landed 5 Salmon on the Saturday before. Fish just weren’t there on Monday. 35-38’ seemed the magic depth at 3.25 mph on Saturday. I’m partial to Magnum Moonshine Lures ....Atomic Melon & Agent Orange 🍊

REELBAIT

Has anyone caught salmon from shore yet? Thinking about driving out to red rock marina or am i too early yet?

pastor norm

Salmon fishing slowed down considerably this past week.

One 8 lbs and three smaller salmon all on flashers/hoochie combos.

Bait seemed to be deep (100 - 150) and on the bottom.

Has anyone discovered the salmon were farther from shore.. say 2 miles out or more?  

Barrski

Pretty slow, picked up a 5# out at Mink on Saturday, the rest were lake trout 

spoon at 40 ft for the salmon 

Bottom Bouncer

Last two trips on Superior were South towards the Border. 13-14 hours of trolling in total...1 Salmon 5 lbs. That was today and last Friday 

REELBAIT

jonut13

I went out last Friday, landed 5 and lost one at the boat.  Nothing big ,all around 3-4 lbs.   30' dipsy with a monkey puke got two.  The rest were scattered between 40', 35' main and sliders in all different colours

Barrski

Heading to Wawa for the derby, anybody else going down

Noah santorelli

Thinking about heading down to wawa to, never fished that area but it’s worth a shot 🤷‍♂️

rceme74

Fished Little trout bay for the first time in a number of years, no Salmon, but Lakers were plentiful. Hoping to head out to Sturgeon Bay next week. We did catch 4 nice Cohoes  but no Chinooks. Agitators and moonshine spoons worked.

Noah santorelli

Was fishing little trout a week ago or so and managed 3 kings lost one and a rainbow 

pastor norm

for those who caught..well done! for those who are reporting, thank you.  seems the wave has passed my usual spots.  hope another one comes before the end of the summer.  it has been fun.  not the size of those wawa fish though.  

20180721_202133.jpg

20180726_221801.jpg

jonut13

Nice fish Pastor Norm.  I'm hoping to get out one more time tomorrow, hope they are still there

Barrski

Nice, the best eaters

pastor norm

they are still around....😉