• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Believe it or not. 4 spots left for '09 S.S.S.!

Some Old Guy

Only 4 spots remain for the 2009 S.S.S.! I'll be at D'n'R Tomorrow from 9-5:30 The first 4 entries I get will be in the draw later that evening.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bear
Only 4 spots remain for the 2009 S.S.S.! I'll be at D'n'R Tomorrow from 9-5:30 The first 4 entries I get will be in the draw later that evening.

Roger

Roger

That is awesome, it just goes to show the quality of this tournament. Congratulations, you and your team should be very proud.

Bear

GC 54

when and where is the draw going to take place?

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Bear

Roger:

Did you have the draw? If so when will you post the results. I know we have lots of time, but I am so excited I could - - - my pants.

Bear

Some Old Guy

I appologize for the wait. The draw (to the best of my knowledge) has not occured yet. I'll post when I get the take off positions.

Roger

GC 54

Draw took place tonight at D & R with Meaghan doing the draw. Results to be posted soon.

Team 32, GOOOOOOOOOO!

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Some Old Guy

Updated take off list is now online. Thank you to Meagan for drawing the names at DnR Sporting Goods this evening. The tournament is full. We will accept entry forms (no cheque or money order) for the waiting list.

Thank you all for your interest in the S.S.S.

Roger

Bear

OOOWWW Back of the pack, thats OK we are good at clean=up.

Bear

Guest SSS DRAW MONKEY

I know Roger said it earlier, but for those that missed it, the SSS 2009 is SOLD OUT!

All entries now will be for the waiting list, accepted with entry form and NO PAYMENT. We will hold a spot on the waiting list with the entry form, and accept payment ONLY when a spot becomes available.

The monkey thanks everyone for patiently waiting for the positioning draw, and especially thanks Meghen @ D&R for being our unbiased draw-mistress.

Some Old Guy

What do you mean? Change?

The list that was on there prior was unpositioned entries. The draw took place then what you see now are the take off positions.

Roger

NWO Fishing Bum

Yet again, clear evidence of absolutely no need for an 'early draw incentive'.

NWO Fishing Bum

Bear

NWO Fishing Bum

Please explain what you mean, by your comment.

Thanks.

Bear

NWO Fishing Bum

I think I've clarified it before Bear...

http://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/...?showtopic=3406

As I hypothesized in that thread, field is full in October! You don't need an 'incentive' for early entries (9 months ahead of time) when the field fills immediately once entries are accepted. And the argument the $$ needs to be in the tournament executives hands 9 months ahead of time is equally hogwash. Is anybody going to spend the next 6 months developing a different strategy for tournament day because they're leaving 10th rather than 5th?? I doubt it! Thus back to my original point of no rationale for needing next summer's schedule straightened out now in order to know whether one can participate in a ONE-DAY fishing tournament. This isn't a shuttle mission to the moon being planned.

That said, the tournament directors/executive can do whatever they want; it's their call, but I personally feel this timetable is not necessary. Anyway, I won't be participating because I don't have the ability (or the desire) to plan one-day fishing trips (tournament or otherwise) 9 months ahead of time. That's just my opinion! (and no I don't care to hear of anecdotal snippets of one tournament vs. another, etc.)

NWO Fishing Bum

GC 54

NWOFB, I respect your comments, however, there are tournaments in NWO that are filled for the following year's event even before the current year's event has ever happened.

May I suggest that you go on the waiting list. Hence, you will not have to pay in advance and you will have first right refusal if you find out that you are unable to participate. But the sooner you know that you are unable to participate, the sooner the next team on the waiting list moves up in anticipation of being a participant of this great one day event.

There is a fair amount of hype over the winter months as it pertains to tournament fishing, including the SSS. This one day tournament is the only tournament that many of the participants fish, and once one has signed up and paid, and the draw for starting positions has taken place, it gives those many a boost to get through the long winter days of hard water fishing.

Hope to see you at the SSS next July.

Bear
I think I've clarified it before Bear...

http://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/...?showtopic=3406

As I hypothesized in that thread, field is full in October! You don't need an 'incentive' for early entries (9 months ahead of time) when the field fills immediately once entries are accepted. And the argument the $$ needs to be in the tournament executives hands 9 months ahead of time is equally hogwash. Is anybody going to spend the next 6 months developing a different strategy for tournament day because they're leaving 10th rather than 5th?? I doubt it! Thus back to my original point of no rationale for needing next summer's schedule straightened out now in order to know whether one can participate in a ONE-DAY fishing tournament. This isn't a shuttle mission to the moon being planned.

That said, the tournament directors/executive can do whatever they want; it's their call, but I personally feel this timetable is not necessary. Anyway, I won't be participating because I don't have the ability (or the desire) to plan one-day fishing trips (tournament or otherwise) 9 months ahead of time. That's just my opinion! (and no I don't care to hear of anecdotal snippets of one tournament vs. another, etc.)

NWO Fishing Bum

I for one am already planning my next years fishing tournament schedule. I lunched today with my Bassin for Bucks partner, and made plans to secure a cbin in Sioux Narrows, and tomorrow I am meeting with my partner for the KBI, to make plans. We are now sending in our entries for both tournaments, to ensure we will get into these tournaments. Then there is the other tournaments I plan on fishing, the Bronzeback Classic, Falcon Lake, Shoal Lake x 2, Shebandowan Fall Classic, our local club tournaments ( 2 or 3) , include the prefishing, and other last minute subsitiutes into other tournaments, family time, job schedule and traveling, I am really glad I have secured a spot in the SSS, so I can plan ahead for next summer. The summer is short and I for one like to be able to have my schedule laid out especially for my family so we can get some time ahead. For me to fish in the SSS I have to plan two days of travel, meals, gas, somewhere to store my boat (charge batteries), at least a day of prefishing, and somewhere to stay. Planning, yes sir. and right as soon as the SSS is done I head back to Kenora to prefish for the Bronzeback, that is as long as I dont have to do repairs, make tackle, etc. Summer tournament fishing is really hectic.

Bravo for the SSS Commiittee and if they make a few bucks in interest on the entry fees, good for them. I will again sponsor the SSS in an effort to help out the committee to make sure they have start-up and running cash. Hopefully some other business owners who visit this board will step up to the plate and write a cheque, the sooner the better. this tournament can only get better and dollars and volunteers are the backbone. The fishing is the easy part.

No problem with me collecting ahead and getting the committment of the anglers to ensure the sucess of this great tournament.

Further, I now know that I am team 64 I beleive, and you betcha, my strategy has now changed, as I have been luck enough to be in the top 10 leaving every year I have fished. I can guarantee some smart anglers will be mucking out some of my spots they have seen me on before I even start my engine. Thats tournament fishing. Now I have to strategize and work a little harder.

Just my 2 cents.

Bear

DJL66

Well said Bear. I as well like to have the tournament paid for well in advance as this is one less thing to worry about next year. I don't imagine I'll have anymore or less money then I do now but at least the fee has been taken care of. Also, by having the take off order in place 9 months before is one less thing for the organizing commitee to deal with later.

In years past I have had a very late start and a somewhat slow boat so next year I know I'll be leaving in the front of the pack and with a much faster rig. Now Bear if you could send me a picture of what your boat looks like maybe that will jar my memory and lead me onto one of your secret spots. LOL.

Don

Guest Jighead

It's not necessary to have your entry paid up in full and have your starting spots drawn in October but I think its a good thing. Holidays must be booked, accommodations made and the bickering must begin, LOL!!!!! Thank you to the organizers and good luck to all entered!!! :D

Bear
Well said Bear. I as well like to have the tournament paid for well in advance as this is one less thing to worry about next year. I don't imagine I'll have anymore or less money then I do now but at least the fee has been taken care of. Also, by having the take off order in place 9 months before is one less thing for the organizing commitee to deal with later.

In years past I have had a very late start and a somewhat slow boat so next year I know I'll be leaving in the front of the pack and with a much faster rig. Now Bear if you could send me a picture of what your boat looks like maybe that will jar my memory and lead me onto one of your secret spots. LOL.

Don

Don

Here is a picture of my boat. One of my best spots is under a dock. You figure out which one, also there is that tree where the squirrel runs under, and that weedpatch just south of that rockpile.

HAHA

BB

GC 54

Bruce, what goes around comes around. Maybe it was me that taped your entry to the bottom of the box. lol

Don, you know better.

Bruce, you only wish yours was a lund like mine and Don's.

Team 32 x 2 = team 64

Let the games begin!

DJL66
Bruce, what goes around comes around. Maybe it was me that taped your entry to the bottom of the box. lol

Don, you know better.

Bruce, you only wish yours was a lund like mine and Don's.

Team 32 x 2 = team 64

Let the games begin!

George I hate to admit it but I jumped over to a Crestliner only cause the deal was too good to pass up. I loved my Lund but the Crestliner had everything I was looking for. I have it parked in my garage right under the LUND BOATS banner.

GC 54

Don, would you fly in a plane that was welded?

Bear

Bigger live well in a Crestliner....let the games begin....

Bear

Guest Cory

As every good fisherman knows...Its not the size of the livewell that matters...Its how you use it... :rolleyes:

DJL66
Don, would you fly in a plane that was welded?

George I haven't flown in years (too many plane crashes), but funny you mention flying cause with a 140 on this Crestliner it's gonna fly.

Team 7 Goooooooooooooooo!